Hiss Golden Messenger
Nov 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Davey

Headphoneus Supremus
Always loved the band Court & Spark, especially the very nice "Bless You", great record both musically and sonically, and I think it is still out there in vinyl. But just recently found out about the band Hiss Golden Messenger with M.C. Taylor and Scott Hirsch from Court & Spark, and man this new record "Haw" is a good one. Any of you that share some of that love of rock and folk and Americana should grab this one right away, easily one of the best I've heard this year... Hiss Golden Messenger - Haw | The Line Of Best Fit

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 3
yep!  I think you expected a response from me on this post...it's a fantastic album for sure and right in my wheelhouse. It's a big wheelhouse though.  They put out an album that instantly feels classic - filled with AM radio pop, countrified folkrock, gospel and lots of hooks.  Reminds me of a more accessible Wovenhand at times with their overt Christian ponderings but this isn't a bad thing no matter how agnostic you might be...it's just a flavor amongst many in the Hiss Golden Messenger stew.  I'm also a big fan of the Record Store Day-released Golden Gunn album they put out with master guitar-slinger, Steve Gunn earlier this year...a weird album that mined the sounds of late night AM radio even more, mixed with the sounds that a quarter might get you on a southern roadside dive bar jukebox.

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 3
  yep!  I think you expected a response from me on this post...it's a fantastic album for sure and right in my wheelhouse.

Well, we already talked about it at the other place, but yea, continues to impress. And I did pick up that Golden Gunn after you mentioned it before, and do like it, but haven't listened much yet.

But now the day is turning into a Bowie trip with Low. May be a long trip ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back