HiSoundAudio Studio Disection and impressions
Mar 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

razzer001

Member of the Trade: Brainwavz
studio_2.jpg

I really was not planning on opening the sample of HiSoundAudios Studio so soon, but i was left with no choice as the microsd slot’s ejection spring would not work and the recessed microsd port made it impossible to use my nails or anything else to fish it out. I was able to use the device for a little while, but today the earphone socket developed a fault and i can’t get sound from the left earphone. I think this maybe in part to me opening it and needing to reset the position of the PCB board.

Rest of article and pictures on MP4 Nation blog

If you have any questions i will try and answer them here.

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 10
The 16G card in my older model crashed every time, until I installed music on it via the USB connector with my computer. Then the first time it started it took a long time, after this first time it starts fast. (You mention about the 16G card not being able to work). It's no apology for the player (I also will not spend $345 in this player, don't think it is worth the money.)

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 10
It came with sample audio files on the internal memory, so that made no difference, maybe the microsd port on Studio i got was bumb.

The older AMP3 also used the Sigmatel 3770 chip, same as the Studio, but from what i read, the older amp3 read id3 tags, if so then this would be the reason for the long startup, it would have been building an index. On the studio it doesn't read ID3, it does folder browsing, this is why it starts up right away.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #8 of 10
What is to be regretted here is the fact that WE consumers have to pay for doing the manufacturer the R&D work, or the Quality Control job. Let us demand complete and well made products. WE PAY.

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhbaske /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is to be regretted here is the fact that WE consumers have to pay for doing the manufacturer the R&D work, or the Quality Control job. Let us demand complete and well made products. WE PAY.

Well in the case of the Studio, i would agree, HiSound was going to release the Studio by now, but now are delaying their release.

I think the hardest thing they will face is making better software.

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Even with the software issues fixed, it's hard to justify the price since the newest S:flo seems to be the superior between the two by a large margin for half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back