Hisense Touch E-ink Android DAP
May 21, 2021 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

filofem

New Head-Fier
https://liliputing.com/2021/05/hise...-with-e-ink-display-and-android-software.html

The Hisense Touch is an Android-powered portable music player with support for 32-bit/384 kHz audio, a dedicated digital to analog converter, and a 5.84 inch E Ink display which gives the device a high-contrast, sunlight-visible screen that draws no power when it’s displaying a static image.

That could give the Hisense Touch longer battery life than other touchscreen media players with touchscreen displays, although the slow refresh rate of E Ink makes this device more suitable for playing music or reading eBooks than high-motion tasks like video or games.

What the Hisense Touch does have is an ES9038+ES9603 HiFi chip with support for high-quality audio decoding and playback.

It also has a capacitive touchscreen display with a front-light that can help you see the screen under any lighting conditions. The light supports 2048 different brightness levels and it supports 36 levels of color temperature adjustment, allowing you to filter out blue light. There’s also a light sensor for automatic brightness adjustments.
The music player has a metal frame that measures 151.8 x 73.8 x 7mm and weighs 155 grams.

The Hisense Touch is available for pre-order in China for 1,599 CNY (about $250).

May 25, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 7
There was no mention of expandable storage... so no microSD slots? Also, I wonder if it can do coax out and USB input from type-c. I assume there's the full range of BT codecs.

Looks interesting.

May 26, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 7
There was no mention of expandable storage... so no microSD slots? Also, I wonder if it can do coax out and USB input from type-c. I assume there's the full range of BT codecs.

Looks interesting.
It will be an interesting option IF those questions you've mentioned are availble.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 7
Here's a review: https://goodereader.com/blog/reviews/hisense-touch-music-player-hands-on-review

There are videos at the bottom of the page. Apparently the built-in speakers are amazing. On the negative side, there is no SD card storage. The device is 128GB and only about 100GB free with the OS (Android 11) installed. For a very specific use case (music player/e-reader) the device might be of interest.

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 7
I will wait if hisense someday create hifi smartphone.

The price seems promising to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back