"His and Her's" earbuds help.
Dec 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
Your not late at all, I'm looking up review's of them now, but I'm not sure I like that price tag on buds.

They're definitely worth it, with a very lush and airy sound and quite a wide soundstage. Not much bass compared to IEM's, but there's still great quality bass.

Earbuds can sound fantastic and beat IEM's hand down when it comes to soundstage width and depth. You lose a lot of isolation and micro detail compared to IEM's, but I love the sense of openess that earbuds can bring. The two best models are Sennheiser MX985 (recently replaced the discontinued MX980) and Blox TM7. Both are very balanced with good bass, tasty mids and sweet and detailed mids and a very 3D-like soundstage. They both cost around $150, but the Blox can be difficult to find since Blox make them in small batches that sell out quick.

Yuin PK2 is a step down from these, but still a very good all round earbud. It might be better for rock and classical music than electronic music, though

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:
Take a look at the JVC HA-FX40, Panasonic RP-HJE355, and if you want extra bass, the JVC HA-FX101. These are under $20 each, but don't let the low prices fool you. These sound quite nice!

The Panasonic RP-HJE355 is quite small and very ergonomically shaped. I think it will probably fit almost anyone, even those with very small ears.

All of those appeal to the cheapskate in me! Thanks for chiming in.
Quote:

They're definitely worth it, with a very lush and airy sound and quite a wide soundstage. Not much bass compared to IEM's, but there's still great quality bass.

Earbuds can sound fantastic and beat IEM's hand down when it comes to soundstage width and depth. You lose a lot of isolation and micro detail compared to IEM's, but I love the sense of openess that earbuds can bring. The two best models are Sennheiser MX985 (recently replaced the discontinued MX980) and Blox TM7. Both are very balanced with good bass, tasty mids and sweet and detailed mids and a very 3D-like soundstage. They both cost around $150, but the Blox can be difficult to find since Blox make them in small batches that sell out quick.

Yuin PK2 is a step down from these, but still a very good all round earbud. It might be better for rock and classical music than electronic music, though

Yea, the review's seem to be pretty decent, Buds may have some distinct advantage's but I have found my ear's to be hard to fit for some buds Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back