Hirsch's Ultra-Fabulous Nov. 17 head-fi meet has occurred!
Nov 21, 2002 at 5:03 AM Post #77 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Hirsch,
what do those puppies run? Does VD make a balanced cable?

Does your Ear accept balanced cables? Where would they go?

Mark

The retail price of the Golden Reference is about 2/3 the retail price of the Nites. The EAR does indeed have balanced inputs, and the Creek has balanced outputs. This makes it much easier to use a balanced interconnect
wink.gif
In fact, the EAR has a balanced pass-though output as well.

VD does not make a balanced cable. Yet.
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 12:55 PM Post #78 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
[BAnyway, the pair of balanced Golden References that I bought off of Audiogon should be here in a day or two. I like options
smily_headphones1.gif
[/B]

Every audiophile worth his salt has a cable "collection" on hand to aid in the search for audio nirvana............Audiogon is a cable junkies best friend.

Two observations:
1)I feel the VD high end AC cords are some of the best AC cords you can buy for the money, the VD ICs have more competition and can often be bettered for the same price by other ICs.

2)Even though this is headphone site and despite contrary opinions from the top dogs here, you cannot hear the full potential of any cable with just headphone use. The 3D sound stage is severely limited and thats where all the magic happens, you need a good stereo to evaluate the full effect.

That is why some cables may sound similar with headphones, but when used with stereo the differences become easier to hear.
I wouldn't mind having a set of Cardas GR, but I am so happy now AZ Silver Ref and Analysis Plus Solo Crystal (just won soundstage editors choice award) I feel no need to look furthur...............
cool.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 10:06 AM Post #79 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
I feel the VD high end AC cords are some of the best AC cords you can buy for the money, the VD ICs have more competition and can often be bettered for the same price by other ICs.

DA,

Which ICs do you recommend above the VDs?? I see you have Acoustic Zen Silver reference ICs, how do you rate these compared to the VD Nites you have??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back