HiRes Music (Information Please Help)
Dec 19, 2016 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RolexAlpha

New Head-Fier
I have noticed that a large number of HiRes albums are only available in the US and Can and you cannot download them here in the UK or elsewhere. I cannot find out why this is, does anyone know why it is limited to US on so many HiRes files especially with larger albums and pop albums. Does anybody have any idea when people outside the US will be able to buy the hires version. I assume there is some legal or contractual reason but im wondering do we have any idea if or when it could be ressolved. Do many other people have this problem and how do you get your hires files if you live outside the US. Is there a way round this where i can buy them (legally) from the UK.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 4
No answer to your question, but may I advise you to just get the CD versions of the albums you like. Except for a potential different master and a huge placebo effect, Hi Res shouldnt sound any different (head over to the Sound Science section on the forum for more information).

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't know if it will work but you could try using a VPN, I have heard of stories that people use VPN to access video streaming sites which are not available in their own country.

An alternative for digital downloads would be just to buy the SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back