Hippo Biscuit Player - screenless
Dec 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:
It doesn't :p don't worry you will get used to it. I bought it cos of the colour choices, simplicity and sq!

They don't have color options at the moment. Where did you buy from?
I thought they shuffle the songs in folders but play the folders in alphabetical order

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #22 of 34
Yea despite not having a screen or shuffle feature this thing really appeals to me. I'm gonna have fun loading up individual albums at a time and listening on the way to wherever ^_^ the clip zip I have now sounds so.. Digital, like literally binary. My iPhone sounds audiophile grade in comparison

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #24 of 34
How about the SQ when compare the with Hisoundaudio DAP (RoCoo-BA or STUDIO-V) ?

i have not had the chance to do a side by side comparison however i did compare it with the Hisoundaudio Amp3. All i could say is the biscuit is more engaging and emotional in terms of musicality, while the amp3 is cold and very very transparently detailed.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #25 of 34

So much better than the clip zip :D

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #28 of 34
K so I've had the biscuit for about two weeks, really love the sound but there's a little pop when i turn it on and you can see the driver flex a teeeny bit. Anyone else experience this? Could be isolated, in that case I'll just have it exchanged.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #29 of 34
Often normal and often common for some devices that aren't output capacitor coupled. I hate to say it but the fix is to plug your phones in after turn on. If turn off also makes a sound but much quieter, this is likely the case. I can understand you preferring it to the amp 3 dependng on IEM used. It has a high output impedance.

Is your zip rockboxed? If not, try it and turn on the dither. It wll never sound sweet but it's good that way.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #30 of 34
Often normal and often common for some devices that aren't output capacitor coupled. I hate to say it but the fix is to plug your phones in after turn on. If turn off also makes a sound but much quieter, this is likely the case. I can understand you preferring it to the amp 3 dependng on IEM used. It has a high output impedance.

Is your zip rockboxed? If not, try it and turn on the dither. It wll never sound sweet but it's good that way.

Okay, it's not that pig a pop so it's alright. Yea I do have dithering on my clip. I may just go back to using the clip though ill miss the sweet sound of the biscuit. Anyone interested in buying the hippo, shoot me a pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back