Hip Hop Violin
Aug 11, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 14
I love violins!!

This was a unique change up.

I liked it
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 14
Every time I hear super contemporary violinism it sounds like country music.

I personally think the London Symphony Orchestra + Cypress Hill short gig thing on the Simpsons is a better synergy.

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 14
i just did a little research on the violinist...

his name is Paul Dateh and he appears to be quite well-trained. he has 14 years of classical training in violin and an undergraduate degree in jazz at the university of southern california thornton school of music

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just did a little research on the violinist...

his name is Paul Dateh and he appears to be quite well-trained. he has 14 years of classical training in violin and an undergraduate degree in jazz at the university of southern california thornton school of music

Yeah I don't know him but he seems quite good. He's in a band called "The Live Movement" (on his myspace).

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #9 of 14
I've been seeing more and more of this kind of stuff. "Hip-hop" violin seems to be getting more and more popular. I actually kinda like the sound.

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #10 of 14
yeah it does seem to be an up and coming thing, it sounds really good though i like the concept.

it also just so happens that i seem to have shifted into a hip-hop phase with the recent acquisition of my darth beyers
tongue.gif

and btw thanks for the recommendation of miri ben-ari... her stuff is pretty good as well

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nuttin But Stringz is a Hip-Hop violin duo that is pretty good.

i watched one of their videos on youtube... i'm not quite sure i liked it as much as paul dateh or miri ben-ari though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back