Hip-Hop/Rap Fans - Whats your fav song?
Nov 13, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 38
song I used to love as a kid was 'real mother****in g's' by eazy-e; I used to play this when I would be mad, and it would actually relax me :p

The song I've been listening to a lot the past few days would be 'name on a park bench by Prolyphic

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 38
Computing

Error. Cannot compute!

Impossible to name one song maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #19 of 38
Nana - Lonely

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great song yes, but my vote for greatest rap song ever would be, "Rapper's Delight " by the Sugar Hill Gang

I saw rapper's delight live a few weeks ago, it was epic, although they didn't do the 14 minute or so version.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #23 of 38
memory lane - nas

the lyrics are so on point, and the production is out of this world (throughout the entire album, but it would be impressive if it weren't with the crazy line-up he got).

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #26 of 38
@ lil' knight: really? son, those songs are straight, but really? those are your favourite? come on man....

I'm not tryin to hate, but those are all just club bangers. mocking bird not even so. I like the song, but its not really amazin'. Like nas' memory lane (peec lunchbox). ah well. don't hate. i'm just sayin.

But, back on topic I haven't posted a song on here in a sec.

Common - Communism off the album Ressurection. Phew, this song is just too phat. Really, I love the whole album (wait, per my rules I can't say that right?). But the beat is straight up old school vibin': the flutes just put it over the top. the loop is very laid back. And Com's flow... fantastic. Real clever how he uses 'com' in every line (listen, you'll see). Not only is her clever, though, but his style compliments the beat perfectly. I'm tellin you, you can vibe to this track.

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #27 of 38
here goes, another track off that Com album. Actually it's the one immedietely following Communism: Thisisme. The keys on the beat are real mellow. The drum/hi hat loop is real old school. Com's flow once again is on point. I always get real nostalgic hearing this song. Its funny how I never heard this album till like, 3 years ago (maybe?) but it brings back memories of my childhood. Strange huh? "Sometimeees, sometimes, I get a good feelin", when the beat drops on that line I just close my eyes and am perfectly happy for a split second. I love hip hop.

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #28 of 38
I'm kind of amazed that no one's mentioned anything by Rakim, but for now I'm gonna go with something obscure that I play a lot:

"I Got a Story To Tell" - Notorious B.I.G.

Biggie's tale of his encounter with the girlfriend of a pro-basketball player is hilarious and bizarre, and on the track he recounts it twice…first as a rap, then as a piece of y'all-ain't-gonna-believe-this theater for his boys. I've heard it tons of times, but still laugh when one of Biggie's homies asks which New York Knick he's talking about and Biggie goes, "One of them 6'5" n-ggas, I don't know."

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #29 of 38
@tru blu: phat song. Just heard it. Whats that beat though, I can swear I've heard it before. Sounds like a hi-tek jones maybe?

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #30 of 38
i dont listen to him much but, DJ khaled, when i do listen, the beat is always either decent or pretty sick. i like how he features several different other artists in each song.

also, i thought TI did a pretty good job on his paper trail album. got meaning in some of his songs.

the thing i hate about some songs whether its rap,rock or metal, is that i have a hard time finding the meaning of their lyrics. my favorite band, rise against has some really good songs, but i just cant seeem the decypher their lyrics and find out what the message is. same with rap/hiphop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back