500+ Head-Fier
Q-Jays, Klipsch custom, Atrio M5, Denon ah-c700, sf5pro, [ety er4p???]
I ruled out shure and westone already
smily_headphones1.gif
but just need to know about the ety's.

$170 on amazon!
smily_headphones1.gif
eek.gif

Should I even consider the er4p when most of my music is hip-hop? I can't afford an amp right now so would just some EQ solve the problem?

I'm skeptical anything could make it put out enough good bass...

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 10
denon are good yeah as antony said but i think his opinion and mind do not match on the bass aspect. for me, the atrio has the best bass i have heard in any iem of any price (i've never heard more expensive than e500 though).

it is deep but not splashy and does not run away. however, if your source cannot control it, sometimes it loses its stereo image. that considered, it still has no rival - i believe

the ety are fast phones and since hiphop is generally quite slow compared to other beat based genre, their pace would be lost on the hip hop. the atrio are not as fast but are still detailed and have great images. i think their timbre would fit the hip hop well. otherwise, you could check out these headphones afterall, they are made for hip hops

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
denon are good yeah as antony said but i think his opinion and mind do not match on the bass aspect.

This sounds funny but I don't think I'm understanding. What do you mean?

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 10
haha, i don't know. i think that you are more of a denon bloke and i am the atrio geezer. basically, i have both as well and love them both, but - it is a hard decision. i did like the denon with faithless who rap sometimes but overall i prever the atrio for a good slightly more relaxing round of trance! cheers

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Q-Jays, Klipsch custom, Atrio M5, Denon ah-c700, sf5pro, [ety er4p???]
I ruled out shure and westone already
smily_headphones1.gif
but just need to know about the ety's.

$170 on amazon!
smily_headphones1.gif
eek.gif

Should I even consider the er4p when most of my music is hip-hop? I can't afford an amp right now so would just some EQ solve the problem?

I'm skeptical anything could make it put out enough good bass...

Super.Fi EB or Atrio M5 are what you want for hip hop.

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #9 of 10
No way I'm getting the s.fEB. I hate overwhelming bass. I just need enough to get the music flowing and keep it going.

I think I prefer the atrio m5 over the denons if they don't stick out of your ear regardless of the m5 probably meaning mcdonalds toy.

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #10 of 10
I think SE310 or E4c will work well for you and even ER4P/S will if you download SRS WOW SANDBOX software. It will give you more(quantity) clean bass from any DAPs you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back