Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Jan 1, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #361 of 448
The Black Keys did a great job on Blakroc, but the guests were a little hit or miss. I'd love to see them do a whole album with a single rapper, and I think Mos Def would be the best choice.

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #362 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Black Keys did a great job on Blakroc, but the guests were a little hit or miss. I'd love to see them do a whole album with a single rapper, and I think Mos Def would be the best choice.

Agreed. The others seem to come from more of a gangsta rap sorta stock which doesn't really seem to fit with the Black Keys.

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #363 of 448
That's my feeling as well. The other disappointment for me was that the vinyl pressing really sucked. The black keys attack & release was well cut on vinyl, so I figured this would be as well, but it is one of the noisiest pressings I've heard in a long time.

Don't know if you checked out the 11 part documentary videos on the website, but it is worth watching.

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #365 of 448
I'd like to see what The Game has to offer with his new LP.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #366 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really, hit or miss? I couldn't disagree more, for me the album consists of some of my favorite rappers. The album hit perfectly with me, the only additional artist i wanted to see on the album is Black Thought. I hope they decide to make multiple volumes.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #367 of 448
Well, for one I don't think qtip really got it. If you watch the video documentary, you can even see that Dan Auerbach wasn't that excited with his lyrics.

There is some good stuff there (NOE and RZA for example, and Nicole Wray), and the Black Keys save the day with great production and songcrafting, especially considering they only spent 11 days recording.

I do think HipHopScribe is right though in saying that if those guys focused on an album with a single artist, like Mos Def, and they spent a bit more time developing songs interactively, they could have a very strong album.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #368 of 448
I love to see an album where they work with a single artist, but i'd much rather someone other than Mos Def. Hes already done a blues/jazz/rock type album and it was stellar.

New_danger.jpg

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #369 of 448
Anyone listen to B.o.B if so what do you think of the new Mixtape. And if your not into underground/mixtapes you should listen to this one dude J. Cole this guy actually has content to most of his lyrics in comparison to a lot of the stuff that's coming out today I suggest "Lights Please", "Losing My Balance" & "I Get Up" ,but his entire Warm Up mixtape is hot I've had it one constant replay since late summer.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #370 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by UrPhreshness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone listen to B.o.B if so what do you think of the new Mixtape. And if your not into underground/mixtapes you should listen to this one dude J. Cole this guy actually has content to most of his lyrics in comparison to a lot of the stuff that's coming out today I suggest "Lights Please", "Losing My Balance" & "I Get Up" ,but his entire Warm Up mixtape is hot I've had it one constant replay since late summer.

Been listening to the Warm Up since it's come out. One of the best releases this year.

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #371 of 448
Been listening to J. Cole's Warm Up for the last hour or so. Usually I can't stand dudes who obviously are rhyming in Tupac's style but Cole does it well and adds enough of his own style that I will pay attention to his career. I first heard him on a track "Just Begun"with Jay Electronica, Talib and Mos. I think it is my favourite Hip hop track I have heard in a while!

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #374 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stn. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rhyming in 2Pac's style? I really didn't find that at all.

On further listen I take it back. He switches up his flow all the time which shows how versatile he is. The track "Welcome" is a complete tribute to Pac, however. Listen to the flow and lyrics and you can't help imagine Pac's voice spittin' it. I rewinded this track a few times on my first listen so I passed my judgement too quickly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back