Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
May 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #316 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by BombayTheIndian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^

Because they're both Asian? Haha, kidding, similar jazzy styles, I know...

Kero One's new album is really good. That guy's got some serious talent. Even though his rapping isn't exactly outstanding, the way he rides his own beats (I love that he plays so many instruments) fits the music really well. The production value on it is a lot higher than on his first album.

Yeah I really enjoy his new album. All his productions are mellow and smooth. I totally agree with you that his rapping fully fit with his beats well.

May 15, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #317 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helix-624 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know if it's been posted yet but you guys have to check out some Australian stuff:
Urthboy, Hilltop Hoods, The Herd, Pegz, Scott Burns. Google them
smily_headphones1.gif

haha yeah, pay more attention on Pez and one duo from Tas named Mdusu&Dameza

May 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #318 of 448
Madlib
Exile
Dert
Cloud
kno

May 15, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #319 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Madlib
Exile
Dert
Cloud
kno

Cloud is sweet, isn't he still in his teens? It's kind of hard not to look at him as kind of a Dilla knocker, but it's still cool, definitely. If you're liking his stuff, I would DEFINITELY check out Onra. His album Les Chinoiseries is kinda like the Chinese by way of France equivalent of Donuts, it's crazy stuff. He's got another album called Tribute that's good, too.

Gotta love Exile, I can't believe I forgot to put him on my short list!

I had never heard of Dert before, but I just listened to stuff on his myspace page, it sounds great! You got any releases you would recommend to get into him?

Anyone heard of Jneiro Jarel? He's done stuff under that name + Dr. Who Dat? + Shape of Broad Minds. Pretty much anything he touches is great, and his style is completely unique.

May 15, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #320 of 448
On that Dert tip.

If you are a Pink Floyd fan, Check out Dert side of the moon. I believe its available on his myspace page for free. Also the Short List is good.

Long live Dan the Automator.

May 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #322 of 448
for the last few months i've been listening a lot to johnson & jonson (LA MC Blu and DJ mainframe) and invincible (out of detroit .... black milk is pretty decent too). really looking forward to the upcoming clipse and cage records.

May 24, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #323 of 448
Public Enemy
Atmosphere
El-p
Aesop Rock
Eyedea
Shing02
Aceyalone

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #325 of 448
I'm not a gangster, but wow these people make (or made) excellent music:
Jay-Z
Missy Elliot
Biggie
Scarface
Nas
Clipse
Snoop
NWA
Dr.Dre

among others...

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #329 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Fashawn debut is turning out to be one of the best hip-hop albums of the year...

It's a good album, it's produced by Exile and is quite reminiscent of Below the Heavens, though Fashawn is no Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back