Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #301 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw him live and met him in person!
smily_headphones1.gif

Such an awesome guy and gees, it went off!
He definitely lives up to the live part in his name.
Not many can MC and DJ at the same time and still make it sound so so good.

Yeah, J-Live is a MC who rap like old school. Damn I am so missing the golden age era.

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #302 of 448
Well this thread has been dead awhile. In the meantime has anyone checked out the new DOOM: Born Like This, and Cunninlynguists: Strange Journey Vol. 1? Straight fire those 2.

Apr 25, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #303 of 448
Yeah I bought Born Like This the week it came out. Good album but a bit short at only 40 something mins. I really like Gazillion Ear, Ballskin, Rap Ambush, Lightworks, Microwave Mayo, and More Rhymin'.

Anyway I just ordered Stankonia on DVD-A. I am just getting into this High Fidelity music and this seems to be one of the few rap albums on any Hi-Fi format, luckily I really like the album so hopefully I will be able to hear a difference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #304 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlaughterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway I just ordered Stankonia on DVD-A. I am just getting into this High Fidelity music and this seems to be one of the few rap albums on any Hi-Fi format, luckily I really like the album so hopefully I will be able to hear a difference.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd be particularly curious to know if you hear any difference, because as I wrote a little bit ago in the "Audiophile quality hiphop" thread, OutKast's records sounded pretty good from jump street—even when they were broke. Keep us posted.
L3000.gif

May 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #306 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be particularly curious to know if you hear any difference, because as I wrote a little bit ago in the "Audiophile quality hiphop" thread, OutKast's records sounded pretty good from jump street—even when they were broke. Keep us posted.
L3000.gif

Well this is my first DVD-A, so I can't really compare it to other DVD-As, but I think it sounds pretty good. The only thing I have to compare it to right now is the mp3 of this album encoded at 192k, so that might not be fair...

May 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #307 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this thread has been dead awhile. In the meantime has anyone checked out the new DOOM: Born Like This, and Cunninlynguists: Strange Journey Vol. 1? Straight fire those 2.

The Doom album is pretty solid, my only gripes are that:
1. There's a handful of pretty old beats on here, like stuff 5+ years old that have appeared on various Herbs & Spices instrumental CDs
2. There's a couple of straight up amateur recording quality songs on here, like a $5 mic recorded in someone's closet (I'm talking about Rap Ambush specifically). You're signed to Lex, you're not stuck with recording at your friend's house. Step it up a little bit!

About that Cunninlynguists album, it's so good! Kno's production is incredible as always, I feel like there's not many people out there who can touch him right now.

On that... New thread discussion? List your favorite producers (without naming Dilla, haha)? I don't know if this has been done already here, but I don't really feel like searching through the whole thread. Here's some of mine, in no order:
1. Ant
2. Kno
3. Madlib
4. Karriem Riggins
5. Lazerbeak
6. Medium Zach
7. DJ Premier
8. Kev Brown
9. Amp Live
10. El-P

May 14, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #308 of 448
I really enjoy Born like this, but I totally agree about the production. Piss poor.

I also can't stand that idiot who makes all those comments. "Muerderizing sucker MS's!!!" Jeez it grates on me.

May 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #309 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by BombayTheIndian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Doom album is pretty solid, my only gripes are that:
1. There's a handful of pretty old beats on here, like stuff 5+ years old that have appeared on various Herbs & Spices instrumental CDs
2. There's a couple of straight up amateur recording quality songs on here, like a $5 mic recorded in someone's closet (I'm talking about Rap Ambush specifically). You're signed to Lex, you're not stuck with recording at your friend's house. Step it up a little bit!

About that Cunninlynguists album, it's so good! Kno's production is incredible as always, I feel like there's not many people out there who can touch him right now.

On that... New thread discussion? List your favorite producers (without naming Dilla, haha)? I don't know if this has been done already here, but I don't really feel like searching through the whole thread. Here's some of mine, in no order:
1. Ant
2. Kno
3. Madlib
4. Karriem Riggins
5. Lazerbeak
6. Medium Zach
7. DJ Premier
8. Kev Brown
9. Amp Live
10. El-P

Premo and pete rock are always the best!
Also my fav include M-Phaze and Ski

May 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #310 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Premo and pete rock are always the best!
Also my fav include M-Phaze and Ski

Hell yeah, Pete Rock!

I forgot to add DJ Mitsu The Beats to the list, too

May 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #311 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by BombayTheIndian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell yeah, Pete Rock!

I forgot to add DJ Mitsu The Beats to the list, too

If u like DJ Mitsu the beats, maybe you should add Kero One as well.

May 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #312 of 448
I just got "chemically imbalanced" , the Ying Yang Twins album in the mail along with some other stuff, Cab Calloway and Jaco Pastorius best-of cd ...
Ying Yang Twins are fun ,,,,....

May 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #313 of 448
^
Ying Yang Twins? Really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If u like DJ Mitsu the beats, maybe you should add Kero One as well.

Because they're both Asian? Haha, kidding, similar jazzy styles, I know...

Kero One's new album is really good. That guy's got some serious talent. Even though his rapping isn't exactly outstanding, the way he rides his own beats (I love that he plays so many instruments) fits the music really well. The production value on it is a lot higher than on his first album.

May 14, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #314 of 448
I love hip-hop and rap music, its a must have for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back