Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #271 of 448
I'm glad to see this thread here, didn't have time to read it all yet but I will. I host a three hour mix show in Boulder/Denver called Eclipse. I've been involved in one way or the other for at least seven years, from special guest freestyles, to hosting, engineering, mixing, any or all or more.
Just wanted to invite y'all to listen at KGNU.org 7-10 p.m. Sunday Mountain Standard Time. I'll take song requests and shoutouts via PM no promises. We also podcast but I don't have that info at the moment. Word 'em up.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #273 of 448
dang, ive been listening to immortal technique recently, hes got some pretty sick stuff. same with eminem, i still love his old stuff, his new albums comming out soon! man, they really got some true inspirational stuff and good lyrics. not like the mainstream stuff u hear on the radio today. sex, money, girls, drugs? i admit i do listen to some of that stuff cuz of the catchy beat and its always on the radio and i listen only to radio when in the car, but that stuff in my opinion will NEVER be able to be compared to people like eminem and immortal technique.

Jan 23, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #274 of 448
count me in!

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #275 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang, ive been listening to immortal technique recently, hes got some pretty sick stuff. same with eminem, i still love his old stuff, his new albums comming out soon! man, they really got some true inspirational stuff and good lyrics. not like the mainstream stuff u hear on the radio today. sex, money, girls, drugs? i admit i do listen to some of that stuff cuz of the catchy beat and its always on the radio and i listen only to radio when in the car, but that stuff in my opinion will NEVER be able to be compared to people like eminem and immortal technique.

Eminem is mainstream. Just goes to show you that not everyone on the radio sucks, its just their radio single usually sucks.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #276 of 448
eminem isnt that mainstream anymore. he hasnt been played on the radio for years! atleast not where i live down in so. cal. idk about canada. his new albums comming out tho, maybe it'll be played more, who knows.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #277 of 448
Usually when anyone is on a major label like Eminem is, they are considered mainstream. You don't hear his music in the radio right now because teh radio usually only plays the music that is current. When his new album is out you'll hear him a lot more on teh radio.
---------------------------

I've been digging anything by Madlib lately. Picked up The Unseen a couple of weeks back and I have probably played it a good 20 times.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #278 of 448
Warren G, marry me!

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #279 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eminem isnt that mainstream anymore. he hasnt been played on the radio for years! atleast not where i live down in so. cal. idk about canada. his new albums comming out tho, maybe it'll be played more, who knows.

Eminem isn't mainstream anymore? What a joke. Just because he decided to take some years between releasing albums doesn't change the fact he is one of the 3 or 4 most popular rappers ever, and is almost guaranteed to be one of the highest selling this year when he drops any album.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #280 of 448
I can't stand 99% of the new rap/hip-hop that comes out these days. Don't even get me started on Lil' Wayne. The only solid rapper that I would still listen to is probably T.I. Kanye is pretty good too, but his last two albums were kind of shaky.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #281 of 448
yea thats what i meant, i meant eminem doesnt sound mainstream right now because his new album isnt out yet. but i did always agree and thought myself that when it comes out, it'll be played a lot more on the radio. sorry for any confusion.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #282 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stand 99% of the new rap/hip-hop that comes out these days. Don't even get me started on Lil' Wayne. The only solid rapper that I would still listen to is probably T.I. Kanye is pretty good too, but his last two albums were kind of shaky.

Have you checked out a lot of rap being released on independent labels? That's where most of the good stuff is, in my opinion

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #283 of 448
I've been away for a minute. If you want to check out a new underground artist (relatively new anyway), check out my new favorite rapper, Wale pronounced (wah-lay). He has a few mixtapes out for free download but I would direct new listeners to 100 Miles and Running, first.

On a side note, I've had a new rediscovery for Jay-Z's The Blueprint. I just realized how good that album was.

Also for you cats who like female rappers, check out Invincible's 2008 debut Shapeshifters. Should be straight fire.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #284 of 448
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been away for a minute. If you want to check out a new underground artist (relatively new anyway), check out my new favorite rapper, Wale pronounced (wah-lay). He has a few mixtapes out for free download but I would direct new listeners to 100 Miles and Running, first.

On a side note, I've had a new rediscovery for Jay-Z's The Blueprint. I just realized how good that album was.

Also for you cats who like female rappers, check out Invincible's 2008 debut Shapeshifters. Should be straight fire.

Ya im loving the new school now.

Wale
The Ill Spoken
Verbel & The Kickdrums
The Incomparable Shakespear
The Cool Kids
Curren$y
Charles Hamilton
Asher Roth
B.o.B.
Kid Cudi
City Lights

Check em out, its a fresh new sound.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #285 of 448
A few unheralded Lyrical Beasts.
Keith Murray
AZ
Big Pun
One Be Lo (might have been mentioned here but worth listing here regardless.)
Percee P
Canibus
E-40
El Da Sensei
Insight
Defari
Phil Da Agony
Tech N9ne
To be continued...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back