HiMD
Apr 4, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 16
I have used my IHP-120 for recording; however, it has some reported problems (Iriver forums).

1) No recording level indicator. You can only monitor via headphones to listen for clipping.

2) The line-in will overload with a standard line-out from a CD player. Some attenuation is required.

3) The battery life is limited to 3 to 6 hours depending upon the recording bitrate (wav recording is limited to around 3 hours).

4) During recording there are very small recording dropouts (milliseconds in length) that tend to occur during the file writes. These dropouts result in slight click sounds during playback.

5) Only the EXT MIC has a record level adjustment.

6) The EXT MIC pre-amp introduces slightly more background hiss than your standard MD recorder.

7) The LCD remote if used may introduce some ticking noises into EXT MIC recordings.

Your normal MD recorder is designed as a true recording device, so it has all of those features needed to record in various environments.

I find that the IHP-120 is very satisfactory for recording speech and moderate quality music such as live church music. My MD recorder is used for more serious recording sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back