Hilariously Stupid Movies
Apr 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #31 of 36
Thanks for this thread. I'd really love another good laugh and have seen most of the movie's listed so far, so I'd appreciate more suggestions. :)

I recently saw some of the DVD extras for the first Harold and Kumar movie and especially loved the mini documentary about the making of the 'diarreah' scene. Very funny!

Other funny movies I've seen and would recommend as apt. for this thread so far include (in no particular order):

- The 40 Year Old Virgin
- Grandma's Boy
- Superbad
- Life of Brian
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Airplane
- Dr. Strangelove
- Death at A Funeral (2010, with Chris Rock)
- Borat
- Brüno
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #32 of 36

Quote:
Thanks for this thread. I'd really love another good laugh and have seen most of the movie's listed so far, so I'd appreciate more suggestions. :)

I recently saw some of the DVD extras for the first Harold and Kumar movie and especially loved the mini documentary about the making of the 'diarreah' scene. Very funny!

Other funny movies I've seen and would recommend as apt. for this thread so far include (in no particular order):

- The 40 Year Old Virgin
- Grandma's Boy
- Superbad
- Life of Brian
- Airplane
- Dr. Strangelove
- Borat
- Brüno

There are some great movies on the list but FSM just never did it for me. I only say this cause it's my girlfriend's favorite movie, but I thought it wasn't too great.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 36

Quote:

- The 40 Year Old Virgin
- Grandma's Boy
- Superbad
- Life of Brian
- Airplane
- Dr. Strangelove
- Borat
- Brüno

The original Death at a Funeral is MUCH better. 

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #34 of 36

May 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #35 of 36
Independence Day!!

Love every minute of this incredibly stupid movie. Don't get me started on the idea we can dock with the mothership by flying into outerspace in an aircraft we don't even know how to fly.
Oh and then hack it. Outside Area-51 they ask a group of people driving through the desert if they know how to fly a plane and then save the day along with the president.

Here's some memorable quotes:

"Hope you can fly that under cover!"
"Woah, low bridge"
"Welcome to Earth" (after punching an alien in the face)
"Now that's what I call a close encounter!"

All those in the span of 2 minutes.

My favorite:

"In the words of my generation: UP YOOOOOUUUURRRSURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Best thing about the movie are the characters. Liked every one of them (except the president). This movie can't be taken serious for even one second.
I've seen it several dozen times.

May 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #36 of 36
Independence day is a good pick. But imagine how low the entertainment value would be if it would follow logic. In a way that would be way more stupid in a way that wouldn´t be entertaining at all.

I would say any michael bay movie after the Rock pretty much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back