Hilarious spoof! "Those aren't shoes, their Dorcs!"
Oct 30, 2007 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Svperstar

1000+ Head-Fier
Oct 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 15
Ah, This Hour Has 22 Minutes is an awesome show.

And those shoes are awful. Just awful. Yet, there's an entire store in the mall in my city devoted entirely to selling imitation Crocs called "Dawgs." Knockoffs are pretty tacky all by themselves, but copying the worlds worst shoe? Appalling!

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 15
Kids love 'em, but that's Ok. What's inexcusable is when adults, particularly guys, wear 'em.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kids love 'em, but that's Ok. What's inexcusable is when adults, particularly guys, wear 'em.
rolleyes.gif

oh really? Are you sure that's ok? First squeaky shoes, annoying everyone within a 150ft radius with their non-stop comic squeaking. Next were those wheeled shoes, that turned every shopping mall/store into a playground where kids would whiz by you, not watching where they were going or who they were going bump into. Where do we draw the line!??!
blink.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do we draw the line!??!
blink.gif

But if we outlaw Crocs, then only outlaws will wear Crocs.

. . . and then the terrorists win.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 15
I don't have any problem with Crocs, or people who wear them. Indeed, most of the people who wear them say that they are the most comfortable shoes they're ever owned. I wouldn't wear them though.
wink.gif

Also: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

(Can anyone else tell the difference between the two lipstick shades? To me, the difference is blatant. I even A/B'd them quickly in Photoshop to make sure. I wonder if it has anything to do with being a photographer.)

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(Can anyone else tell the difference between the two lipstick shades? To me, the difference is blatant. I even A/B'd them quickly in Photoshop to make sure. I wonder if it has anything to do with being a photographer.)

It's not just you, I saw the difference too. The left one is more orangey than the right one.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, there's an obvious difference. We all should know by now that nothing Maddox says holds any water
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

I had to wear them when I had an allergic reaction that left me with wounds around both ankles that were down to the tendons/muscles. Try wearing a normal shoe under that condition!

Want pics?

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #12 of 15
Those shoes are truly hideous, but if you are simply looking for comfort, then I can see how they might appeal.

This summer, however, even this grudging acceptance was ruined, when I saw an ENTIRE FAMILY, all decked out in matching, hideous, Crocs sandals. The Mum was walking along pleased as punch, the kids dragging their rubber-clad heels a bit, and the Dad looking as if he was likely to throw himself under a bus with the shame of it.

Plus, they are dangerous. There was a thing recently about them getting sucked into escalators, and then there was the thing about them being banned for hospital workers, because of nurses dropping needles through the air holes.

That said, they do provide amusement, so, swings and roundabouts...

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 15
I needed a quick fix for sandals during a beach vacation this year and I begrudgingly picked up a pair because I couldn't find cheap sandals without a thong.

Comfortable? No freakin' way. They're sized like T-shirts, so I had the option of too small or too big. The strap, in any position, causes horrible blistering on my ankle bones, they trap sand like nothing else and they look like a hobo's billy boots.

In short, crocs are a crock. Anyone want a pair of barely worn crocs?

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 15
I wear them on a daily basis and actually find them quite comfortable. They are not lookers but are comfortable and easy to clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back