High volume with low distortion
May 1, 2011 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
Something I found interesting on HeadWize by Chu Moy:

Headphone systems for hard-of-hearing people must be able to reproduce sound at very high volume with low distortion (such as those used by musicians and audio engineers). Where appropriate, evaluate headphones with and without hearing aids. Headphones can be worn over a hearing aids, if the aids have T-coils that can receive signals from the magnetic assemblies in headphones. If the aids have compatible T-coils, then wearing headphones over aids allows the listener to simultaneously monitor over a loop system external sounds, such as telephone rings. A loop system can also transmit the audio signal itself, but is limited to monaural reproduction.

One of my favorite headphones right now is Phonak PFE, and Phonak makes hearing aides and etc...  From what Chu Moy has written, it leads me to believe hearing aid companies can create some quality IEMs.

Much respect to Chu Moy.  Is he on this forum??

May 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Something I found interesting on HeadWize by Chu Moy:

Headphone systems for hard-of-hearing people must be able to reproduce sound at very high volume with low distortion (such as those used by musicians and audio engineers). Where appropriate, evaluate headphones with and without hearing aids. Headphones can be worn over a hearing aids, if the aids have T-coils that can receive signals from the magnetic assemblies in headphones. If the aids have compatible T-coils, then wearing headphones over aids allows the listener to simultaneously monitor over a loop system external sounds, such as telephone rings. A loop system can also transmit the audio signal itself, but is limited to monaural reproduction.

One of my favorite headphones right now is Phonak PFE, and Phonak makes hearing aides and etc...  From what Chu Moy has written, it leads me to believe hearing aid companies can create some quality IEMs.

Much respect to Chu Moy.  Is he on this forum??

As far as I can gather Chu Moy is no longer interested in the hobby. 

Balanced armature drivers for IEMs were ALL taken directly from hearing aids for a while. I dont know if any of the IEM MFR's has gotten the actual driver OEM to build a custom driver yet, but I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back