High School Percussion Ensemble Performs ELP's Karn Evil 9
Jun 14, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 12
That is extremely cool! Those kids are very good. BTW, a couple of months ago, a school choral group joined Yes onstage to sing "Nine Voices" from 'The Ladder' album. School of Rock, indeed.
600smile.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by itza2mer
http://www.poteetpirateband.org/

Scroll down a bit to watch the video. Not bad for high school kids. If you're an ELP fan, you should enjoy it

[size=medium]It's incredible to think of them performing ELP!!! I am one of the biggest ELP fans ever. [/size]

[size=xx-large]FANTASTIC!!!!![/size]

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 12
I"m surprised they let the '....seven virgins and a mule...' line slide! Yeah, that video is fun to watch and listen to. The drummer played it smart by not trying to play the 'solos' as fast as Carl did.

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

I"m surprised they let the '....seven virgins and a mule...' line slide! Yeah, that video is fun to watch and listen to. The drummer played it smart by not trying to play the 'solos' as fast as Carl did.

I am totally impressed! I saw on Greg Lake's website; it has been mentioned a few times!!!! Ha!

I started a thread about it without checking to see if anyone had. There were 2 threads!!! HA!!

Also; the conductor sent a member on the Greg Lake site a DVD of that show!! I want one!! I was lucky to see ELP during the 'Brain Salad Surgery' tour in Feb. 1974 in Tucson, AZ. Simply AWESOME!!

http://www.greglake.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=14

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

I"m surprised they let the '....seven virgins and a mule...' line slide!

Yeah, I noticed that too. It almost doesn't make sense upon first listening (I had to be told that that song was "perverted" back in high school), so maybe that's how she got away with it. But did you notice how quickly she sings the line "...in heaven, in hell, or on earth"? Like she didn't want to be called on it later.

Still, quite good, I was pleasantly surprised with its success. And certainly the xylophones added to the atmosphere.

Jun 21, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #7 of 12
this. ... Is.... AWESOME. Truely amazing. We played a few good pieces in highschool but mostly jazz, scar and acid jazz. The most fantastic thing we ever played was Sidewinder, and this just gloriously defeats all our efforts.

As an ELP fan i'm very impressed. I even installed realplayer just for it, that's how impressed i am. I'm also considering not removing reaplayer, and anyone who knows me must think i'm crazy right now.

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
this. ... Is.... AWESOME. Truely amazing. We played a few good pieces in highschool but mostly jazz, scar and acid jazz. The most fantastic thing we ever played was Sidewinder, and this just gloriously defeats all our efforts.

As an ELP fan i'm very impressed. I even installed realplayer just for it, that's how impressed i am. I'm also considering not removing reaplayer, and anyone who knows me must think i'm crazy right now.

Yeah!!! I had to install Real Player, as well. 'Still blown away!!

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I get broken links when I click on the streams -- what am I doing wrong?

You need to make sure you have Real Player. Then; just follow the posted instructions. It's worth it!

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 12
I got it working now. That's excellent. The keyboard player is really, really good. The guitarist was struggling a bit, but I can hardly fault him for that.

Jun 21, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I got it working now. That's excellent. The keyboard player is really, really good. The guitarist was struggling a bit, but I can hardly fault him for that.

Actually; the guitar player is a professional from Dallas, that the conductor brought over. It's mentioned on Greg Lake's website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back