High Resolution Bookshelf Speakers with Deep Bass
Sep 1, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by coho66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
more of a true bookshelf speaker...

i'm listening to a pair of paradigm mini monitors (v.4) right now and they sound puuuurty...

and their price was just as nice....

I had Mini v.3's before the Monitor 5's. They sounded great too. I just wanted the piece of mind of the extra power handling once I switched to seperates (amps).

Sep 1, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #47 of 51
I have the Mk I version of Joseph Audio RM7Si SIgnatures. They are the best sounding mini-monitor I have heard. About 8 years ago, I took them into the local B&W dealer to do a comparo with similar B&W models. They were surprised when they preferred my speakers and were quite glad that there wasn't a Joseph Audio dealer nearby. The MkII version is supposed to be an improvement. I haven't heard it, but I can recommend the MkI version very highly.

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #48 of 51
I just got these:

A7.jpg

They are high resolution (very similar to my DT880) and have some serious bass (6.5'' drivers). Nice!!. They sound great!!.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #49 of 51
Very cool... I wish I'd had an opportunity to audition the Adam A7s when I was looking for new monitors. I like that the input gain knob is on the front--very useful for PC users who don't have a dedicated preamplifier to control volume.

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got these:

A7.jpg

They are high resolution (very similar to my DT880) and have some serious bass (6.5'' drivers). Nice!!. They sound great!!.

Pretty! For some reason those speakers remind me of a Panzer IV. LOL

That ribbon tweeter must sound nice! How do you like them so far?

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #51 of 51
The ribbon is amazing. I never heard a tweeter with such resolution and crispness. The violins really stand up and can be heard with total clarity. And all the mids sound very real. Like my DT880 (may be even better) but with soundstage. I am enjoying them very much!. The nice thing about them being near field monitors is that they can be heard very close (1 m away, about 3 feet) and they are not very big despite the 6.5'' woofers, so they can be used at both sides of a desk in a computer setup. Those logitechs and altec lansings get simply crushed in the comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back