High quality wired headsets
Sep 21, 2021 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

chortya

100+ Head-Fier
I am spending a lot of time in calls and would like to have good sound and mic quality for my wired headset.
Wireless is no go, i don't want to be dependent on yet another device that needs to be charged and as of now I did not find wireless headset that would provide stable connection and good mic quality. I have tested and owned many high quality wireless headphones and still have WF-1000xm4. Especially Teams seems to be very picky to wireless connected headsets. I use Sony Xperia1iii as my primary workhorse phone.

Long story short I have testees the following:
Beyerdynamic Xelento - great basshead sound, non-usable microphone. It seems it was designed for iphone use and is not compatible with most Android phones I have tested it with. Definitely not compatible with Xperia1iii.
Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd - comfortable but same story with mic compatibility as with Xelento.
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear G - currently my recommendation. Like the sound and great mic quality. But still would like to have higher end sound on the go. They could resolve better.
Sony XBA-N3 - I had them previously as music only headphones and loved them but upgraded to Z1R. Repurchased with mic cable to test again as a headset. Not received yet.
Sennheiser IE900 - best highs and resolution in DD format. Did not find a suitable mic cable yet. Did you guys see any good cable with mic?

Any other good recommendations of high quality wired headsets? Will research on Ultrasone and Focals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back