High Quality Toslink to mini-toslink adapter
Feb 16, 2006 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

heymaceo

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a high quality toslink to mini-toslink adapter for my nice glass optical cable. The cheapie plastic one I have may be responsible for the signal dropouts that I'm getting from my Chaintech AV-710 to my MicroDAC.

Anybody use any of the right angle adapters? Are there any high quality ones that they can recommend?

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 6
Feb 16, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 6
That's the one I got yesterday. The toslink-toslink were easy hard enough to get hold of but the mini-toslink version had to comer over from Holland for me.

Luckily only took a few days but nice cable and the packing was more suitable for a high-end piece of electronic hardware than a 'mere'
tongue.gif
cable.

The toslink end certainly locks in place well.

Steve

Feb 16, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes but my toslink-toslink 12 foot glass optical cable cost me about $20. The Optocoupler Mk II costs $80. Don't really feel like spending so much on an optical cable.

Anybody solved this adapter problem more cheaply?

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
I can't recommend an adapter but the best optical cable that has a mini connection. Just chose the T-M cable for toslink to mini. You can just sell your current cable.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID51342...ler-Mk-ll.aspx

Thanks for that advice. I've been looking all over the internet for such a cable, and just ordered one from the site you linked. Looking forward to it
rs1smile.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by heymaceo
Yes but my toslink-toslink 12 foot glass optical cable cost me about $20. The Optocoupler Mk II costs $80. Don't really feel like spending so much on an optical cable.

Anybody solved this adapter problem more cheaply?

I haven't tried them, but someone recommended these in another thread. However, for the price, I suspect they're plastic fibers, if it matters to you.

I just use a glass toslink from eBay and a cheap mini adapter. Works well enough for right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back