High quality speakers for music - under $200.
May 13, 2017 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shonor6

Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a set of M-Audio BX5 at home (I recently relocated to a different country), which I liked quite a bit. I am however wondering, whether listening to music would be more enjoyable with a set of 'speakers' - i.e. not studio monitors which should produce flat sound. This is my only use and I like enjoying detailed and rich sound.

I would prefer to drive it simply through my macbook's 3 mm audio jack, but may consider adding equipment if I could significantly enhance my experience w/o spending too many bucks on the deal.

I'd like to hear your suggestions. Thanks.

Nov 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello,

I have a set of M-Audio BX5 at home (I recently relocated to a different country), which I liked quite a bit. I am however wondering, whether listening to music would be more enjoyable with a set of 'speakers' - i.e. not studio monitors which should produce flat sound. This is my only use and I like enjoying detailed and rich sound.

I would prefer to drive it simply through my macbook's 3 mm audio jack, but may consider adding equipment if I could significantly enhance my experience w/o spending too many bucks on the deal.

I'd like to hear your suggestions. Thanks.
I regularly peruse craigslist. You can find some decent speakers there. I picked up some Audioengine A5's for $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back