High quality schematic drawing software
May 10, 2013 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

G.Trenchev

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys,
What software do you use for drawing neat,clean,good-for-publishing schematics?I mean schematics for textbooks and websites.I know I should get drawing packages for LATEX,but I'm sure there's something simpler out there.
I tried several drawing applications - Xcircuit,Fluid Draw,PSpice,Circuit Diagram,but most of them are more or less buggy,and generally,do not look good.
Thanks for your advice!

May 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks,that's nice.It looks too analytical though,I need something that will look good on paper,may be I'll be stripping some stuff in the preferences menu.
After checking a dozen of apps,I realized there's a lot of useless buggy software over the net.
Digi-Key's Sheme-it:

So far the best option for me.I want this look:

May 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 4
One thing you can try is TinyCAD. Its free (I think its even open-source), and lets you do whatever you want.

It doesn't have as many parts as some of the other programs out there, but you can draw everything yourself. There are a few libraries I've found on google and it does add a few extra parts.

Here's an example of a "schematic" I drew for a school project a while back:

Obviously this example isn't really your average schematic, but it does show some of the things you can do quite easily with this tool, and IMO it doesn't look too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back