High Quality RCA Cables (11 Needed) for Genelec 6010a SurroundPak
Nov 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HelIish

Head-Fier
I am looking to buy 11 RCA Cables for a 5.1 surround setup

-6 will be of equal length (6ft) going from my Asus Xonar H6 to my Genelec 5040a Sub
-2 will be 20 ft from the 5040a to the rear right and left 6010a's
-3 will of equal length (less then 6ft) going to the center right and light

Looking for recomendations no set budget but nothing too crazy

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 7
Im envious of that set up , Have you seen the flat ribbon type rca cable? I think they would make the set up  make a little more neater, also the flat cables dont reduce sound quality as much as round cables, so theyred good for long distances. I forgot where I saw them a google search should give you results.

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi,

I recommend the SoundSilver Symmetry RCA Silver cables.
Details over here.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/15/157174.html

They cost about $100++ but are comparable with $600 silver cables.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 7
After reading more on here people are saying that the premium cables have no significant difference over the monoprice ones so I will probably go that route

After shipping total is $75

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 7
I've gone down the MonoPrice route before.

They are good cables for the money but, (TO MY EARS), the midrange is bright and the bass is slightly muffled.
Everything is relative of course. :)

I then got myself some other audio cables down the road with varying success.
E.g. More natural mids, less sonic veil etc

My final setup is the current SoundSilver cables.
Looking back, if I had started my audiophile journey, I would have saved myself quite a lot of $$$$ if only someone had given me this advice.

BTW, if you ever think of getting speaker cables, I suggest the Clearday Double Shotgun Silver cables. You will never have a reason to replace them ever again.

Cheers!

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
After reading more on here people are saying that the premium cables have no significant difference over the monoprice ones so I will probably go that route

After shipping total is $75

No they don't.  Those guys (cable skeptics) are brainwashed that high end cables make no difference.  Don't listen to them.

Do you need a single-ended RCA cable or double-ended?  Looks like single based on the input panel for your Genelec speakers.  I would check out Wireworld Equinox 6 RCA cable.  http://www.wireworldcable.com/products/66.html  Each cable runs about $170 for 1.5 meter or something?   Those are very good cables.

I do use a $1200 Audioquest Angel (mini-to-mini) cable for my Audioengine A2 speakers.  Killer sound quality.  They beat my more expensive speakers with lesser cables in mid range sound that give more analytical / metallic-like micro-fine details and deeper space in the soundstage.  The micro-fine details are just dumb good.  it beats the pants off my Focal CMS40 studio monitors w/ $25 cheapo RCA cable no comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back