High quality mini-XLR connector for DIY?
Mar 22, 2011 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Good Times

Member of the Trade: Krispy Kables
I'm wanting to make some cables for a Music Streamer, so need some Mini XLRs. I've used the Switchcraft ones before but wasn't that impressed with them, does anyone know if there are any high quality ones available anywhere? Seems to be a rare/hard thing to source!

The remainder of the cable will be made using Furutech interconnect cable and the Furutech CF-602f rhodium XLRs, so hoping to find a suitable match in terms of performance. Cheers.

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 6
It is from a local high tech cable shop. I'm not sure in which country are You searching.
I'm not sure what brand this is probably they own but do You look for something similar?

MC-954

De details say: "24K gold plated 3 pin Mini XLR female plug in nickel plated housing with anti-disconnection lock and soft rubber cable inlet for bending protection, for up to 5 mm Ø cable."
Price is 6,28 EUR/pc
link: http://kacsa-audio.hu/webshop/search?searchWord=mini+xlr&search=OK

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks guys, that first one looks and sounds like a better quality Switchcraft, which would be good. I wonder where I can get some more locally, ie UK/US/AUS?

The second one is the same as the Jaycar one, I think they use the same supplier. It's not just the metals used, but I found the pins to easily become loose with this connector.

Thanks guys, and keep them coming please if anyone else can help. I did find one place in China that will manufacture a good quality one, but they have a 2,000min order!! Group buy?!

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 6
I used the Redco mini xlrs on my Beyer DT770s and AKG 240 DFs and they look very much like the ones available from Futurlec, except they're black metal casings, not silver (they also have 4, 5 & 6 pin mini xlrs):

http://www.redco.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=166&cat=Mini+XLR+Connectors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back