High Quality Mini-Toslink -> Toslink Cable?
Feb 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

David_N

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a high-quality (well, under $100) mini-Toslink (1/8") to Toslink (fullsize) cable. I bought one off monoprice that I'm not satisfied with, is there anything else available? I'd like it to be 2m (6ft) or more.

Feb 12, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by David_N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a high-quality (well, under $100) mini-Toslink (1/8") to Toslink (fullsize) cable. I bought one off monoprice that I'm not satisfied with, is there anything else available? I'd like it to be 2m (6ft) or more.

Hi,
What didn't you like about the Monoprice one?

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 12
It feels a little cheap and the connector on it is not entirely secure. Not to mention I'm rearranging my desk and it's too short
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by David_N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It feels a little cheap and the connector on it is not entirely secure. Not to mention I'm rearranging my desk and it's too short
frown.gif

Hi,
Thanx for that. I have one of their Toslinks and COAX and they are both awesome. So I was kinda curious. Thanx again!

Feb 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #5 of 12
Yeah, I've used lots of their cables before and they're generally awesome, I'm just guessing I got one with a manufacturers defect or something. The mini end is a little lose and I get jitters once in a while from the cable.

Anyone know where I can get a good quality mini-toslink->toslink?

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks a lot xenithon and sbb, looks like just what I need! Any chance you know where I could get ahold of one from an American or Canadian source? I found a couple British dealers, but no luck across the pond yet!

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 12
The only difference between a good digital audio cable and a bad one is if the connections are secure. The actual cable itself is virtually irrelevant as it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever to audio quality unless the cable run is in excess of 30ft or so. If this length is required then AES/EBU connections and cables is what you need.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #10 of 12
x2 on the VdH Optocoupler MKII.

Most likely above $100 though...

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 12
Already ordered the VdH for 45 GBP and a nice VdH RCA interconnect for about the same, hopefully their shipping is quick!

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 12
Sweet! Its a really nice optical cable, so I am sure you will be pleased.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back