High quality Mini to 2x RCA cable - need help!
Jun 17, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MHOE

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all!

I recently use this audio cable to connect my soundcard with a headamp:          NF-CABLE-PR-MM-1.5M - 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable (1.5m)

NuForce Transient Personal Audio Cable has been specifically designed to deal with low-signal / high-noise personal audio sources. By employing a unique configuration of fine strands of high-purity (OFC) copper, minimal dielectric, and precision light-weight connectors, we have reduced overall mass to better convey low-level data, thereby delivering more accurate sound from portable devices. Available in 3.5mm to 3.5mm, RCA to RCA and 3.5mm to RCA

I am happy with the sound so far but I would like to ask if there will be any hearable difference if I purchase some more expensive one?

So far I have found these two available for me in the Czech Republic:

PRO CO IPMB2R-5
SUPRA Biline-MP

Can anyone give me an advice about? How to recognize a really good cable - is it possible without trying it myself? Or where to buy some really good cables?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Tomas

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 8
I think you're normally pretty limited in what you can do with a mini- connector (there just isn't room to do much) so I personally wouldn't spend too much on them.  I think blue jeans cable makes a good product though that's an american company so probably not the best option in this case...?

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 8
no, there will be no audible difference, no matter how much money you throw at a piece of wire

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 8
There will be a difference if your first cable is a 15 year old piece of cr@p from radio shack like mine was but other then that I concur but didn't just didn't say it.

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 8
OP, those ~ $50 cables won't cut it.  To get noticeable effect and difference in sonic signatures you need to go $180+.  If you like smooth buttery warm lows / mids with weight, mid-low detail pops, and tasty treble, get the Audioquest Sydney cable.  It's way underpriced for the performance.

If you want to get more serious, get one of these...  I have it, and happy as ever.

$1200 Angel - 1.5m

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 8
lolno

EDIT: To actually be helpful. I'd shop with The Cable Co. I'd try an entry level Audioquest with these terminations. You get a nicer built cable and you don't waste the rest of your money. :wink:

Feb 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 8
I know its old thread, but finally, Tomas, which one you choose?
I need Jack-2 RCA cable to and I dont know which one to choose - Audioquest Golden Gate or Supra Biline MP-2RCA. thx for info.
Zdravim :) Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back