High Quality In-line Volume Attenuator
Feb 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vkvedam

Headphoneus Supremus
Where to get it. The one that came with my Shures isn't that great for low volume listening as the sound does open up at all until some rotations.

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 6
I see now that you're using the line-out on the ipod. I suppose you could just use the headphone jack and use your ipod for volume control, since you don't have an amplifier connected. Hmm or better yet just buy a little Fiio or cmoy amp. Then you would have volume control, still using line out, and have better sound from an amp to boot.

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Mine just broke yesterday, so I'm looking for a replacement as well. The Shures have such a low impedance that nearly every source is incredibly noisy, not to mention loud. Even my Samsung YP-P2 has a significant amount of fuzz without the attenuator. I don't want to blow $20 on another one of these weak plastic ones if there are higher quality ones out there, but it is indispensable to me.

I've been unable to locate anything other than a direct replacement. Surely someone knows?

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
UE has a great fixed resistance attenuator, I used that(also have the shure one) exclusively until I soldered resisters onto my earphone cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back