high quality detachable cable?
May 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aberry520

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a new set of headphones(ath m50s) that has a detachable cable(well I plan on modding them to be) .. I'm still waiting on them to come in the mail, so I can't speculate on the quality of the cable included with them. However, I was just wondering if there are any aux male/male cables that are high quality and produce superior sound that you might be able to recommend instead of the regular thin one that comes with these cans? I've read some threads on recabling and it seems like some people think the cable doesn't make a big difference, while others believe it's a night/day difference .. So, since a detachable cable seems like the easiest way to pretty much pick any cable - what are your suggestions? Also, if I got a 3.5mm cable that has a mic on it, like for example the one that comes on the Beats by Dre ControlTalk, would the mic part work with any headphones with a 3.5mm jack? Thanks in advance. 

May 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I recently purchased a new set of headphones(ath m50s) that has a detachable cable(well I plan on modding them to be) .. I'm still waiting on them to come in the mail, so I can't speculate on the quality of the cable included with them. However, I was just wondering if there are any aux male/male cables that are high quality and produce superior sound that you might be able to recommend instead of the regular thin one that comes with these cans? I've read some threads on recabling and it seems like some people think the cable doesn't make a big difference, while others believe it's a night/day difference .. So, since a detachable cable seems like the easiest way to pretty much pick any cable - what are your suggestions? Also, if I got a 3.5mm cable that has a mic on it, like for example the one that comes on the Beats by Dre ControlTalk, would the mic part work with any headphones with a 3.5mm jack? Thanks in advance. 

The Beats  by Dr. Dre ControlTalk cable doesn't have anything to do with the head phones, all the little remote does is send the command to the phone to change songs or answer the call, and the microphone signal is sent up the cable. The headphones don't receive any commands from the remote.

Thats why if you look at the picture below, you'll notice one of the plugs on the cable has two bands, and the other has 3. The side with the 2 bands has to plug into the headphones, and the 3 bands plugs into the phone.

wired%20with%20monster%20beats%20cable-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back