High Quality Audio verses High Quality Video
Dec 24, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a tough call, since both are very important.
I have to fall on the High Quality Video though, since to me thats more important for the whole experience.

Depends on the film, and what you would call good vs bad. Is dvd video quality compared to blu ray on a HD compatible tv/projector bad, if so I would prefer dvd with surround sound then blu ray with a poor sound system.

That bieng said, giving the forum we are on it is not all that likely we wouldn't be able to listen to the movie in high quality sound, it's the video part IO would suspect people would have more difficulty with.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #17 of 22
i used to only watch movies in the theaters, but ever since building a nice stereo i just watch movies on my laptop screen with high quality 2.0 sound playback... picture quality isnt all that important to me.

i have a keen eye but i always preferred b&w photography and drawing with just a black felt tip marker... guess same translated into the video portion.

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #19 of 22
Is there some type of video "DAC" that exists? Suppose I have some movies stored in a seperate hard drive and I play it through my laptop>TV screen. Is there some kind of unit that you can put between your laptop and TV to improve the picture resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back