High Quality 3.5 to 3.5 Interconnect
Feb 15, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 20
The best way to find this is to post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the cables forum and ask for any DIY'er to PM you. There are several very good people here for this.

You can get the exact length of cable and type of plugs that you need.

*another option is the Cardas cable which you can buy from HeadRoom. I have this cable and it has survived many construction sites riding along with my Sony boom box and DAP.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best way to find this is to post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the cables forum and ask for any DIY'er to PM you. There are several very good people here for this.

You can get the exact length of cable and type of plugs that you need.

*another option is the Cardas cable which you can buy from HeadRoom. I have this cable and it has survived many construction sites riding along with my Sony boom box and DAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Cardas cable from HeadRoom is inexpensive and excellent.
Try this place, they ship worldwide.

eBay Store - tr audio32: Audio Accessories, Audio Cables, Record Care

Thanks guys!
happy_face1.gif

They are not so expansive, I saw one on the ibasso website that cost 79USD, are there differences?

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys!
happy_face1.gif

They are not so expansive, I saw one on the ibasso website that cost 79USD, are there differences?

The Cardas is inexpensive. Forget the iBasso cable, it's not worth it.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Thanks guys!
happy_face1.gif

Differences are not day and night between two well made ICs. Some are meant to be warm sounding (pure coppers) and some neutral (pure silver). The Jena and Vampires are the popular choice for copper builds because they are lush and smooth. I personally loved the solid core silver which is highly transparent yet smooth. The price on most ICs will be affected by the plugs they use, and yet the plugs don't contribute much to SQ - they are meant to look good and in Switchcraft case they will sustain heavy abuse as well. I have been using Canare F Series, Swithcraft and Neutriks for years and now I resorted to DIYing the ICs using an unbranded nickel plug (but VERY well made) - they all sounded the same, only the cable material makes subtle difference

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Differences are not day and night between two well made ICs. Some are meant to be warm sounding (pure coppers) and some neutral (pure silver). The Jena and Vampires are the popular choice for copper builds because they are lush and smooth. I personally loved the solid core silver which is highly transparent yet smooth. The price on most ICs will be affected by the plugs they use, and yet the plugs don't contribute much to SQ - they are meant to look good and in Switchcraft case they will sustain heavy abuse as well. I have been using Canare F Series, Swithcraft and Neutriks for years and now I resorted to DIYing the ICs using an unbranded nickel plug (but VERY well made) - they all sounded the same, only the cable material makes subtle difference

Understood, so even the material (copper or silver) can slightly affect the sound!?

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Where can I buy a High Quality 3.5 to 3.5 Interconnect?

What should I check to know that is a high quality one?

You should make one. How long does it have to be and what's the application?

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 20
if you have any welding ability at all, i suggest DIY. however, whether or not to go with an expensive cable or the Cardas is up to your individual ears and your experience with high end sound.

I would say the Cardas cable is a GREAT value, with more than mediocre sound quality. However, if you are looking for a "high end" interconnect, i would say DIY or a few of the better cable makers here in the forum (I use qusp.) 3.5 to 3.5 is a pretty easy welding job if you have the necessary skills, though.

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by inukage0029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you have any welding ability at all, i suggest DIY. however, whether or not to go with an expensive cable or the Cardas is up to your individual ears and your experience with high end sound.

I would say the Cardas cable is a GREAT value, with more than mediocre sound quality. However, if you are looking for a "high end" interconnect, i would say DIY or a few of the better cable makers here in the forum (I use qusp.) 3.5 to 3.5 is a pretty easy welding job if you have the necessary skills, though.

Is this you?

eek.gif

welding-010.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #14 of 20
rofl.

Yes, actually. I love arc welding my interconnects directly to my player. I find the distortion to be greatly reduced as opposed to a detachable cable
biggrin.gif

Edit: You should see how well the hitch ball on my truck works. I did a great Soldering job, but for some reason it keeps popping off!!!!

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should make one. How long does it have to be and what's the application?

I'm considering to buy a portable amp so I' thinking to buy even a high quality short cable(3,5jack to 3,5jack) to connect the amp to the HP-out of my DAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back