High quality 1/4" stereo headphone jacks: Where to order?
Aug 4, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Well a lot of the discussion became about plugs in post #6 so I figured I'd offer my opinion
tongue.gif

As far as jacks go I personally hate locking jacks of all kinds. I'd much rather yank a plug out than pull an amp off my rack and have the world come crashing down. This is pretty much all I've ever needed for a 1/4" jack:

Nate, it looks like you need a technique to get that lockiness out of the Neutriks.
I just put up a tutorial on how to do such a thing
HERE

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #33 of 34
This an old thread but I thought since my old akg 701 1/4 inch stereo plug is getting flaky I decided to replace the stereo plug with a new one.
I just bought a furutech stereo plug and I am going to have it replaced. I am curious just how my akg 701s will sound after I have the plug replaced. I have one of the furutechs on my cable pro reverie headphone cable for my audeze lcd2 v2. I was impressed by the build quality of the furutech plug. I have never seen a plug with the furutechs build quality that appears to be this bullet  proof. Hell the build is more like bomb proof . This plug is really heavy duty . If I remember I will comment about the difference this substantial plug makes on my old Austrian(over 5 years old) akg k701s. I saw a blog about the k701s pertaining to the amount of hours on this phone and the difference that come with hours of usage. I am sure mine have over a thousand hours on them and I have to agree with the other persons observations. The soundstage presentation gets absolutely boundless when the k701s have this much play time. They can more than hold there own in this area with just about any headphone out there regardless of cost.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #34 of 34
the "right" thing to do is to go "balanced cable connector" 4 pins for the 4 wires instead of allowing TRS sharing of common gnd between the channels

and you could use decent multipoint pin/socket contacts instead of TRS single point contacts

but then you need amps wired that way too 

actual bridged drive, "balanced amp" isn't necessary to enjoy higher quality connectors

unfortunantely there's no real standard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back