High Purity Silver Wire- Where do you guys buy?
Mar 5, 2007 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
Ive been strolling these DIY forums and am really impressed with some of the cables people have put together. Id like to get into it myself.

Few questions tho-

Where does everyone go for their high purity silver? Ive seen the regular places advertise %99.99 but what about the %99.9999 and %99.999999?

Rhydon

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 9
I've been wanting to try out the Mundorf Silver/Gold/Teflon wire since it's the same alloy used in their M-Cap Supreme Silver & Gold caps. I'd love to use some in my soon to be built CK2III to see what it's like. They have it here in 24ga.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 9
Nice display pic dcheming, i remember watching that film when i was a kid.

Ive been doing some more searching, it seems like the preference around here is either stranded silver wire or solid core.

Originally i wanted to use solid core, but im not sure how 'rugged' this may turn out- with risk of the cable failing.

Homegrown has solid core wire, but no stranded.

Anyone have any leads on stranded silver wire?

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 9
Solid.. percyaudio.com.. one gauge in 5/9.

Stranded.. have not seen any.. you probably have to make your own.

be aware that silver will brighten the audio.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Hi Rhydon,

If you don't mind spending the money, this is reported to be very good silver wire:

http://www.audio-consulting.ch/

Click on the image of the green spool for more info.

~R~

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice display pic dcheming, i remember watching that film when i was a kid.

When I saw that movie as a kid I was utterly amazed by the performance of the Trimaxion Drone Ship. I can't wait to build something with similar capabilites.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any leads on stranded silver wire?

Decware makes an affordable IC using stranded silver with Teflon, their DSC cables. They might sell you some of that wire bulk if you ask them, you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back