High-Fidelity Recordings [ALAC, MP3, Free download, Rapidshare]
Apr 4, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 28
A tip for everyone without a premium account:

If you don't want to wait, just clear all cookies (or block cookies for www.rapidshare.com with your browser from the start) and get a new ip adress. This way you can download again right away....

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Album cover for 2006. I haven't got the 2005 cover with me at the moment because I left that in Hong Kong.
p10209701300x300gn6.jpg

milkpowder, I believe you are in Hong Kong these days...
In that case could you scan and share the album cover for the 2005 CD with us?

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #18 of 28
As requested
biggrin.gif

covercop2yrz4.png

I didn't have a scanner available so instead, I took a photograph and edited it in PS.

I have no idea how to make the words appear perfectly horizontal (probably something to do with free transform), but here's the original and semi-edited photos for all you PS gurus to play around with.

original, click to enlarge

semi-edited, click to enlarge

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As requested
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot! You're the man...
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #20 of 28
Thanks so much for these. High quality recordings are hard to find these days.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #22 of 28
Great stuff, really amazing sound. By the way, some tracks don't display information save for squares and funny characters. Could you give us the information for those tracks? Pretty please?

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #23 of 28
I just "grabed" this off the web this afternoon and now have begun to listen. Half of the tracks when I open the compressed files up under WinZip have squares for names and winzip choke on them. What are you using to open that set that has those strange squares that chokes my winzip?

This first one is very nice....

Thanks for sharing.

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #24 of 28
Thanks for the compliments.

The funny characters (I'm guessing small squares like these: □) is due to the track names being in Traditional Chinese!

2005 Hong Kong HiFi/HiVi Show LPCD consists of Chinese music, but some in pseudo-western styles. All the tracks should have Chinese names and they should be IDv3 tagged if I'm not mistaken.

Only a few of the tracks on 2006 The Perfect Sound are in Chinese. Again, all the tracks should be IDv3 tagged (courtesy of iTunes).

For those of you running Windows XP, you can add language support for Traditional Chinese from the Windows installation disk. I think there's also a specific language pack for 32-bit Windows available for download from the Windows Support website.

I'll post the track names on here. Watch the first post for updates. As I didn't bring any of my digital music back home with me, I'm going to have to download the tracks myself.

Anyway, download the tracks and enjoy! It's highly recommended that you try these on both headphones and speakers.

UPDATE 1: I didn't have a problem downloading the files and opening them with WinRAR. I also managed to import them into iTunes with no problems at all. Windows Explorer also managed to read the tags.
untitledmz3.png

UPDATE 2: See original post for track listing and artist name for 2005 Hong Kong HiFi/HiVi Show

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #25 of 28
Excellent and thanks again. The ones that I have heard are very good. I already have those on my iMod.

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great stuff, really amazing sound. By the way, some tracks don't display information save for squares and funny characters. Could you give us the information for those tracks? Pretty please?

Strange that some of you experience all these squares and funny characters. Cause on my side the characters show up perfectly both in Finder and iTunes, right out of the box.

iTunes:
picture1sn9.png

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #27 of 28
I need to install the extended language support as noted above.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 28
Sorry for this bump, but does anyone have another source for these files? I was only able to download the first part to the LPCD. It sounds awesome and I would like to hear the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back