High-end universal IEMs for 3GS
Nov 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jeycam

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,
I'm looking for new pair of IEMs for use with iPhone 3GS. I listen to rock and jpop mostly, so I'd rather have fun-oriented IEMs. I'm not a basshead, so I'd like to have clear mids and highs too. I used to have Triple.fi 10 Pro, and I think that theirs sound would be perfect for me now. Unfortunately, they are pretty big and a bit uncomfortable and I thought I'd give some new IEMs a try. So, any ideas?

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 10
Any chance of customs? Once you're at TF10 levels earphones really differentiate mostly by personal preference.

The only other similar freq response earphone i can think of the the W3 and perhaps the IE8. They are both very different from the TF10 though so do your research and try to audition if u can.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 10
The IE8 wouldn't exactly be the best for Jap music, but then again, it might just be the fact that I listen to people who kinda 'scream/shriek', Gackt and Ayumi for example. That and it might just be the cd quality which wasn't done properly.

The IE8s when tuned down reveal their clarity and are a really fun pair of phones. That's just my opinion and I haven't tried the others. =)

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 10
I don't really want customs, I am probably not mature enough.
wink.gif

As for IE8, I consider these, Westone 3 or Sony EX700. Unfortunately, there is literally no chance to listen to them before buying, that's why I'm asking here. And about "screaming" (hahaha ^^), I don't think it'd really be a problem.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 10
Yeah, CK100s are indeed promising. My friend is going to Japan soon, too. Damn! :p Anyways, I'm a bit afraid that they'd sound a bit too thin. I read a comparison with Shure E4, saying that CK100s have a bit more bass - I've listened to Shure E2c only, though - anybody could compare?

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CK100 paired with correct source and good quality audio files, it wont be lacking any bass.

Well, my player would be iPhone 3GS (and perhaps the newest Touch too). Most of my music is in lossless, but on the iPhone I use mp3 320kbps mostly.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 10
No other interesting IEMs on the market? I mean, well, CK100 looks awesome, but it'd be the best to have some choice. Could anyone compare IE8 to IE7, which I have listened to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back