High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #182 of 1,031
Hello everybody!

Just finalized my Blox BE3 review ! you can find it HERE.
Any question is welcome, I will answer as much as I can
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers'

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #183 of 1,031
Just read it: fine job, subwoof3r!
BE3 is my new king (or queen) too...

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #184 of 1,031
Thanks for the great review. Currently waiting on my pair to arrive. In my collection, I've got pk1's, pk3's, senn 580's, Tingo TG38's, blue ever blue 328rm's, and Blox's M2C's, but I use them all with the full covers ( The tingo's, I like the least) . How much do you think I'll be giving up on clarity with using the full covers over the donut ones with the BE3's? From my experience,it took me quite a while to break in the M2C's. I still think overall they're one of my favorite earbuds. Just wondering what your thoughts are on how much of an improvement the BE3's will be over the M2C's?

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #185 of 1,031
Hi,

I'm looking for some earbuds with a microphone, is there any good one? I want a mic because it is very practical on a bike with the helmet on.
I had the Baldoor with mic but they don't sound as good as the modded PK2 because they are too small, they don't hold place. (I think that is the reason because it sounds better when I put my finger on it and push it into my ears) 

Sorry for my bad english

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #187 of 1,031
Already have blox BE7.
Wonder if BE7 are very different from BE3. Reading your revue make me think BE3 will be a reference earbud like TM7.
So i should jump and order one.

Just do that. I own the two and BE3 is far more fun and realism (musicality in short) to my ears, a BE5 of sorts with better dynamics and a deeper soundstage...

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #190 of 1,031
but I use them all with the full covers ( The tingo's, I like the least) . How much do you think I'll be giving up on clarity with using the full covers over the donut ones with the BE3's? From my experience,it took me quite a while to break in the M2C's. I still think overall they're one of my favorite earbuds. Just wondering what your thoughts are on how much of an improvement the BE3's will be over the M2C's?

The rare pairs I had to put classic full covers foams were : TG-38s (to avoid this annoying sibilance) and recently on my M760 (after the full burn, highs were a bit forwarded on my pair). All my other pairs have donut foams. Difference is very slightly but generally speaking, I always found some gain in term of isolation / bass and highs clarity with them into my earbuds.
Unfortunately, those donut foams are rare, I have 3-4 pairs of them from my Yuin PK1 and Dasetn M760 (currently using donut M760 gray ones into my BE3).

Already have blox BE7.
Wonder if BE7 are very different from BE3. Reading your revue make me think BE3 will be a reference earbud like TM7.
So i should jump and order one.

Unfortunately I sold my Blox TM7 something like 1 year and a half ago, otherwise I will be pleased to make a comparison with BE3, but from what I can remember, BE3 is so close than TM7 than I think BE3 is evenly better.
When I listen to my BE3, it's like I'm listening to my old TM7 which costed me 4x times $ more than BE3.
I can remember also facing some bass saturation issues with TM7, while zero in BE3.

Be3 ordered

Good job :)
I would recommand to everyone to really give a try with BE3 before next shortage which will be (I guess) very soon.
Definitely not regretting to have ordered my second pair.

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #191 of 1,031
Make your own donut foams with a hole punch!

The one below is $1 at someplaces:

The one below is great for customizing hole sizes, but it is also more than is needed just to punch holes in foam:

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #192 of 1,031
I was hesitating because of the new hifiman ES100. But won't take a risk before BE3 being sold out
Thanks

I also have the BE7. Took the plunge with BE3. Let's see if the latter sounds better in my ears based on reviews. Now waiting for BE3 vs ES100 comparison. 

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #194 of 1,031
I have received this morning the Hifiman ES100 I had ordered on Penon Audio.
And I am disappointed: very dull sound, veiled mids, short basses... Burn in is in order. More about that after 48 hours or so on my Cowon X7 with my test play-list. I hope they will improve like Yuin PK1 (same impedance: 150 ohms).

My postman brought me too some Suvov S700 ($15,91 on Aliexpress) and this is a very good surprise: somber sig, like Awei ES10, but with a lot of details (true details, not a mere accentuation on high-mids). And their soundstage seems just perfect to me: not too much lateralized, with a good sense of depth. Dynamics is delicate and accurate. I love them already and am burning them directly in my ears on my Sansa Fuze + RSA The Hornet rig!
L3000.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #195 of 1,031
I'm thinking of getting the BE3's and comparing them to my cm7ti's and 9w studio pro, wonder if it is worth my time lol. Have always been curious to see how blox and yuin sound ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back