High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #392 of 1,031
This thread actually began life focusing on good-sounding Chinese manufactured earbuds that cost very little. The original thread has since been closed and this is it's offshoot. It has since evolved and is no longer just about cheap costing but good sounding earbuds of Chinese origin

However, if you look at the brands mentioned in the title - the first two are Dasetn and Tingo - both are generally under $25 - and as low as $10 - and all are pretty decent sounding - although there are some that some would say sound awesome but others would say the model sounds awful (particularly, the Tingo TG-38s). We haven't resolved whether it is a quality control issue (people getting different earbuds with differing quality drivers but same housing) or a matter of personal taste.

I would think that "high-end" refers to the sound rather than the price although there are some very costly earbuds mentioned in this thread (MX985, PK1, Living).

If you have found a gem of an earbud, please share this with all of us, earbuds are few and far between to begin with.

I did order the Zune V2 since it was $5. If it turns out to sound crappy, I'll certainly say-so but won't feel cheated because it only cost $5. I haven't been disappointed with any of the earbuds I have ordered from reading this thread or this thread's long defunct parent thread.

For the record, the best earbuds I have ever tried are the Creative Aurvana Air - I just don't keep investing in them because earbuds are something I inevitably break and I don't like breaking earbuds that have cost be close to $100. I'd rather buy a pair that has 90% of the sound for $10 and not worry about $100 going down the toilet when I inevitably break them. I also listen to earbuds with covers I make (see my avatar) that makes them kind of like IEMs - and they end up sounding better than IEMs I have bought with TWFK Knowles drivers (that I also eventually break). My primary head devices are cans - but I do need buds/IEMs when I am performing on stage - and the pairs that Music Equipment manufacturers sell to go with their monitoring equipment costs too much and also there's the breaking issue.

I'm currently listening to  Sony MDRE828 buds at work (without the conversion covers) so I can hear people if they stop by my office.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #393 of 1,031

Bought a pair of these for $5..... actually $2.50 since for some reason I got 2 pairs for $5

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kz-omx2-music-headphones-HIFI-headphones-earbuds-stereo-headset-phone-headset-perfect-earphone-free-shipping/1988993285.html

Long story short ... if M2C sound is a 10 these would be a 5, they don't sound bad just a tad dark, a little muffled. 
Price wise they would be a 7 due to way better quality than Blox and the cable is very durable.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #394 of 1,031
  This thread actually began life focusing on good-sounding Chinese manufactured earbuds that cost very little. The original thread has since been closed and this is it's offshoot. It has since evolved and is no longer just about cheap costing but good sounding earbuds of Chinese origin

However, if you look at the brands mentioned in the title - the first two are Dasetn and Tingo - both are generally under $25 - and as low as $10 - and all are pretty decent sounding - although there are some that some would say sound awesome but others would say the model sounds awful (particularly, the Tingo TG-38s). We haven't resolved whether it is a quality control issue (people getting different earbuds with differing quality drivers but same housing) or a matter of personal taste.

I would think that "high-end" refers to the sound rather than the price although there are some very costly earbuds mentioned in this thread (MX985, PK1, Living).

If you have found a gem of an earbud, please share this with all of us, earbuds are few and far between to begin with.

I did order the Zune V2 since it was $5. If it turns out to sound crappy, I'll certainly say-so but won't feel cheated because it only cost $5. I haven't been disappointed with any of the earbuds I have ordered from reading this thread or this thread's long defunct parent thread.

For the record, the best earbuds I have ever tried are the Creative Aurvana Air - I just don't keep investing in them because earbuds are something I inevitably break and I don't like breaking earbuds that have cost be close to $100. I'd rather buy a pair that has 90% of the sound for $10 and not worry about $100 going down the toilet when I inevitably break them. I also listen to earbuds with covers I make (see my avatar) that makes them kind of like IEMs - and they end up sounding better than IEMs I have bought with TWFK Knowles drivers (that I also eventually break). My primary head devices are cans - but I do need buds/IEMs when I am performing on stage - and the pairs that Music Equipment manufacturers sell to go with their monitoring equipment costs too much and also there's the breaking issue.

I'm currently listening to  Sony MDRE828 buds at work (without the conversion covers) so I can hear people if they stop by my office.

you have to burn v2 in 30 hours before you get the real sound of it.. and remember.. don't burn in full volume 100% it will get your v2 too warm.... 30% should be enough.. lil bit advice for you :D

some review in other forum 

Detail 
Zune V2 > Senn MX760 

Mid
Senn MX760 >  zune V2

High
Senn MX760 > Zune V2

Bass
Zune V2 > Senn MX760 

Stagging 
Senn MX760 > Zune V2 

Separation
Senn MX760 >  Zune V2

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #396 of 1,031

Losing all of my money, $5 at a time.

EDIT, you can get the Zune earbud even cheaper.  That same eBay seller above has a website:  http://www.santanaudiovideo.com/

The Zune earbuds are only $3.99 with free shipping... but, if you use the code "greatdeals" you get 10% Off which brings the total to $3.59 shipped.  http://www.santanaudiovideo.com/Microsoft-Zune-Earbuds-Headphones-X13-98838-02-p/zune-x13-98838-02-earbuds.htm?CartID=1

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #397 of 1,031
I have ordered the BEB 32RM and waiting patienly to arrive , hopefuly the sound and mic perform great :wink:

I was a bit hesitant between these and Edifier h180p , i might get the edifier when they are on sale again

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #398 of 1,031
  I have ordered the BEB 328RM and waiting patienly to arrive , hopefuly the sound and mic perform great :wink:

I was a bit hesitant between these and Edifier h180p , i might get the edifier when they are on sale again

Please let me know how it is with the mic, as I am about ready to pull the trigger on the BEB 328RM.  (I liked the sound of the BEB 328R I had).

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #399 of 1,031
  Please let me know how it is with the mic, as I am about ready to pull the trigger on the BEB 328RM.  (I liked the sound of the BEB 328R I had).

I will let you know .I hope at least they sound better than mx760 and my apple earpods that i was using with my iphone 

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #400 of 1,031
I still think this thread should be renamed to something like "High-Performance Earbuds." I think the "high-end" part may throw people off since we're mainly talking about lower-priced products, some of which to my ears weren't that great. I think it does a disservice to earbuds as a whole if we classify bad-sounding cheapies as high-end. Just my two yen.

Losing all of my money, $5 at a time.

EDIT, you can get the Zune earbud even cheaper.  That same eBay seller above has a website:  http://www.santanaudiovideo.com/

The Zune earbuds are only $3.99 with free shipping... but, if you use the code "greatdeals" you get 10% Off which brings the total to $3.59 shipped.  http://www.santanaudiovideo.com/Microsoft-Zune-Earbuds-Headphones-X13-98838-02-p/zune-x13-98838-02-earbuds.htm?CartID=1

Against my better judgement, I've decided to buy a pair of the Zune buds. Thanks for the link to buy them directly from the seller!

I will let you know .I hope at least they sound better than mx760 and my apple earpods that i was using with my iphone 

Are you talking about the MX760 or the M760? I've got the BEBs (the non-remote version) and the Sennheisers and I much prefer the latter.

I'm still surprised after all this time that there's no comparison between the real deal and the DIY clone.

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #401 of 1,031
i hope that link on ebay was sell zune v2.. since i never heard zune v1.. cause these 2 bud have exactly same housing 
blink.gif

btw i just bought blox be3.. yay \:D/

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #402 of 1,031

btw i just bought blox be3.. yay \:D/

Well, call me crazy but... just bought my 3rd BE3 pair !! haha :)
First time of my life than I'am ordering 3 times the same pair of earbud.
I'am now totally addicted to BE3 sound!

Btw, I will try to make a short review of Edifier H180 tomorrow but unfortunately after 1 week of burnng, it still does not sound as best as BE3. But yet for sure definitely my best second favorite earbud ever.

Nov 13, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #403 of 1,031

Btw, I will try to make a short review of Edifier H180 tomorrow but unfortunately after 1 week of burnng, it still does not sound as best as BE3. But yet for sure definitely my best second favorite earbud ever.

How big (Earbud Diameter) is the Edifier compared to the BE3?

Nov 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #404 of 1,031

hahaha.. that's the same feeling with me when i heard triple-fi 10.. you just fall in love and never look anywhere anymore.. haha

a funny part.. i liked pk3 with recabling more than h180.. hehe.. 

@BloodyPenguin

h180 housing is big.. bigger than yuin line bud.. 

Nov 14, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #405 of 1,031
Is be3 good for small ears ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back