HIGH END CABLES - The truth revealed! (personal opinion only)
Mar 8, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #106 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I am trying to argue certain parameters could effect the sound, I am keeping on getting rebuttals asking how they effect the sound, which was not my point.

On the same lines I could say that eating Keebler cookies could make the sound better. Don't you think I should have a reasonable explanation for such a statement?

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #107 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the same lines I could say that eating Keebler cookies could make the sound better. Don't you think I should have a reasonable explanation for such a statement?

no because Keebler cookies does not materially effect the cable.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #108 of 229
Yep. But you haven't been able to correlate how those effects might effect the output of the voltage on a power supply. Let alone how the generally know effects of L and C might effect a poorly made cable mated to a well made power supply.

I on the other hand I can explain why Keebler cookies make everything sound better.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #110 of 229
Quote:

I think I can rest my case based on the above statement. no further debates are warranted.

Exactly, he has no experience whatsoever. End of thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #111 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, he has no experience whatsoever. End of thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you figure? I have listened to different cables in much higher end (home) gear than my own and didn't hear any difference. Or do I have hear or think I hear a difference to be considered experienced?

But I do have very high end gear in my car. And a can assure you that power cabling doesn't effect the sound in an environment where current demand is higher and a lot noisier.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #113 of 229
Quote:

How do you figure? I have listened to different cables in much higher end (home) gear than my own and didn't hear any difference. Or do I have hear or think I hear a difference to be considered experienced?

LOL, you're not even using a system that you are familiar with.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #114 of 229
Quote:

But I do have very high end gear in my car. And a can assure you that power cabling doesn't effect the sound in an environment where current demand is higher and a lot noisier.

you equate high-end with car audio. what can I say? I am sorry I wasted both my time and your time.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #115 of 229
Quote:

you equate high-end with car audio. what can I say? I am sorry I wasted both my time and your time.

I don't equate car audio as high end. I equate high end as high end.
Just shows your ignorance to the world of audio if you think the only reference listening environment is your living room.

I am sorry I only have $10,000 system in house and a $30,000 in my car. I spend more time in my car so it makes sense.

And way to ignore everything about what might make those power cables different. You have not yet once refuted any of my claims and backed up your own on what makes the power cables change the sound of a system.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #116 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, you're not even using a system that you are familiar with.

But I am very familiar with the reference material being listened to.

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #117 of 229
Quote:

And what's laughable is that the DAC in my car is almost worth as much as your entire home system.

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #118 of 229
ive learned that most of the time a power cable is a powercable like stated by a few(cable thickness thing).
but having high quality, thick single conductor wires coming from the mains to a screw terminal block on the wall i s my way. then it connects to a power conditioner with my special cables(loose stranded copper wires unwound from small dc electric motors; going through flexible plastic tubes). from the power conditioner i suppose its back to "a power cable is a power cable", but i still did the special custom wires.

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #119 of 229
There are only three things that can affect the performance of a cable: inductance, resistance and capacitance. Anyone who believes there is some other magical factor that affects cable performance is full of crap. Without objective measurements of a specific cable showing differences in these 3 parameters subjective comparisons are worthless. /thread

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #120 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by ca90ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are only three things that can affect the performance of a cable: inductance, resistance and capacitance. Anyone who believes there is some other magical factor that affects cable performance is full of crap. Without objective measurements of a specific cable showing differences in these 3 parameters subjective comparisons are worthless. /thread

Knowing those 3 parameters will not tell you exactly what the cable sounds like, just like knowing specifications of a power amp will not tell you exactly what it sounds like. So, in my book those 3 parameters don’t mean all that much.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back