High End Bluetooth Earphones - What do you think ?
Jan 1, 2018 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

paulguru

500+ Head-Fier
Can i ask you what do you think about these bluethoot earphones ?

- B&O Beoplay E8
- Sony WF1000X

I want to use this with PC, anyone can give me some feedback about ?
I just have Audio technica AD900X, can be comparable ?

Im looking for a neutral sound signature, specially great for vocal with a NOT MUCH DEEP bass ( just like my Audio Technica ) because i suffer to headaches and im sensible to deep bass frequency.

Jan 2, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 11
Can i ask you what do you think about these bluethoot earphones ?

- B&O Beoplay E8
- Sony WF1000X

I want to use this with PC, anyone can give me some feedback about ?
I just have Audio technica AD900X, can be comparable ?

Im looking for a neutral sound signature, specially great for vocal with a NOT MUCH DEEP bass ( just like my Audio Technica ) because i suffer to headaches and im sensible to deep bass frequency.

I'd sway you towards the B&O E8 for strong vocals and lighter bass. I personally wouldn't call them neutral though. You can lighten up the bass on the E8 further by setting it up to the "bright" setting and keeping the "sound stage" setting as low as possible (default).

The Sony WF-1000x has a bit of a thicker signature to it that causes the bass to kind of veil over the midrange. Granted Sony also has EQs to tone down the bass, it isn't to the level of the E8.

Note that I can't compare to the Audio Technica AD900X, however.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 11
I'd sway you towards the B&O E8 for strong vocals and lighter bass. I personally wouldn't call them neutral though. You can lighten up the bass on the E8 further by setting it up to the "bright" setting and keeping the "sound stage" setting as low as possible (default).

The Sony WF-1000x has a bit of a thicker signature to it that causes the bass to kind of veil over the midrange. Granted Sony also has EQs to tone down the bass, it isn't to the level of the E8.

Note that I can't compare to the Audio Technica AD900X, however.
So both are not comparable as sound quality to my AD900X ? So far away ?

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 11
If you want independent bluetooth headphones, yea, the sony or the B&O will do.

But i would go the route of getting good headphones with a detachable cable (standard connector like 0.75/0.78 or MMCX) and use a good Qualcomm 8675 or 8645 cable with APTX CSR/LL

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #9 of 11
If you want independent bluetooth headphones, yea, the sony or the B&O will do.

But i would go the route of getting good headphones with a detachable cable (standard connector like 0.75/0.78 or MMCX) and use a good Qualcomm 8675 or 8645 cable with APTX CSR/LL

PSB also has a pair that goes for 150... Not sure how they sound, I'll find out soon enough though :D

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 11
Im going to convert my Phantom Masters 4 to Wireless with a CSR8645 based cable from Aliexpress, i was using the KZ conversion cable which has decent sound quality but it has massive latency issues (around 400ms)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back