High-Capacity $250 Portable Source
Jun 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

subtle.desensitizer

New Head-Fier
I have an iPhone 3G 8 GB which cannot hold enough music and a Cowon Q5W which is only 40 GB and due to battery life and value I cannot justify playing V0 mp3's through. I think I can get $250 for the Cowon so that's about how much I have to spend. Battery life and storage space are important concerns, then user interface and sound quality. Thoughts?
I'm considering either a Zune 120 GB or a iPod Classic 120 GB

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 12
Since you're using the iPhone I'm sure you don't mind the lack of customizable EQ. Since so, the Zune will be a good choice for you. I believe those cost like $299 so you gonna need to top it up alittle. The Zune sounds alot better than the iPods and the interface is very likeable.

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 12
Zune would be great if it had FLAC support.

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you're using the iPhone I'm sure you don't mind the lack of customizable EQ. Since so, the Zune will be a good choice for you. I believe those cost like $299 so you gonna need to top it up alittle. The Zune sounds alot better than the iPods and the interface is very likeable.

I just checked on Zune pricing I only see a max of $250 where are you finding $300?
MP3 players | Zune.net

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle.desensitizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked on Zune pricing I only see a max of $250 where are you finding $300?
MP3 players | Zune.net

My bad my bad...
All along I thought the Zune80 is 249 while the Zune120 is 299.
All the better then if it's 249
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 12
Refurb Ipod Classic from apple.com

/thread

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #11 of 12
I'm putting in my vote for the Zune 120. They're durably built and feature a glass screen cover that resists scratches a little more and cleans more easily than plastic. You'll still want a case, I have one of these. Cheap and functional but the flip cover can get caught on bulkier headphone plugs and might not open all the way.

Sound quality, of course, is fantastic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm putting in my vote for the Zune 120. They're durably built and feature a glass screen cover that resists scratches a little more and cleans more easily than plastic. You'll still want a case, I have one of these. Cheap and functional but the flip cover can get caught on bulkier headphone plugs and might not open all the way.

Sound quality, of course, is fantastic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Alright tight. I just can't sell my Cowon yet I don't have enough posts :[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back