HiFimeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC ES9023+PCM2706 - Worth buying?
Mar 8, 2017 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ozyx

Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking to buy a cheap DAC for my PC as the sound I get from it is a bit worst than what I get from my smartphone for some reason (even thought it has a decent ASUS motherboard).

I am not looking for the ultimate DAC since my headphones are all under $75 and I am not planing to buy any expensive gear any time soon.

I found the HiFimeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC ES9023+PCM2706 on Amazon for £30 (about $35) is it worth buying?

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't know the model you listed, but I recently bought a FiiO K1 usb DAC for my PC and it is worth every penny, it also works with a lot of Android Smartphones. I have had a sound blaster E1 before which is also pretty decent, the sound quality is lower but it is more versatile.

Hope this helps.

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I found the HiFimeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC ES9023+PCM2706 on Amazon for £30 (about $35) is it worth buying?

It is an excellent DAC. I use it on my office rig with Foobar2000. I also use its bigger brother the Hifime Sabre but it is slightly more expensive. I don't know why they are not recognized more as they put out excellent products. Anything you choose from HiFiMe will surprise you with how good it is. That said, the Fiio does give you more flexibility, especially in taking it portable with you. Personally, I do not own the Fiio DAC but I do own several of their headphone amps. Fiio too puts out good stuff also. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back