HIFIME 9018 ASYNCHRONOUS HIGH RESOLUTION USB DAC vs IFI NANO IDSD
Mar 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SptTablo

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!

I am in the market for DAC at the moment.

There are two models that I am interesting which is HIFIME 9018 ASYNCHRONOUS HIGH RESOLUTION USB DAC (http://hifimediy.com/DACs/9018-dac) and IFI NANO IDSD.

My current device that provide music is my iPhone 6+ and Macbook Pro Retina. 

Which one do you guys think I should get?

I am aware that HIFIME DAC cannot be used with my iPhone 6+ but IFI NANO IDSD can. 

I will appreciate any input on my question.

Thank you in advance!

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi, I own the 9018 and am very satisfied of it. It is plug and play on OS X which natively supports USB audio class 2 and also really light and tiny. Great detailed sound!
Negative points are the 8 level volume control (only 8, so you have to fine tune in software) and somewhat limited power output if you want to drive high impedance headphones directly (+150 Ohm or so). Also it only support DSD playback at the highest volume level.

The negative points above are resolved with the new 9018D model so this might be worth looking into... 

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 4
  Hi, I own the 9018 and am very satisfied of it. It is plug and play on OS X which natively supports USB audio class 2 and also really light and tiny. Great detailed sound!
Negative points are the 8 level volume control (only 8, so you have to fine tune in software) and somewhat limited power output if you want to drive high impedance headphones directly (+150 Ohm or so). Also it only support DSD playback at the highest volume level.

The negative points above are resolved with the new 9018D model so this might be worth looking into... 

I also got this. It's quite impressive for the price.

Thanks for the information guys :)

I already got ifi iDSD but thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back