HiFiMan with Protector with JH13 or 16? Overkill?
May 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
I thought the purpose of the HiFiMan was to have source and amp in one?  Why do people carry another amp for it?  Doesn't that defeat the purpose?  If you have very low impedance headphone with very good isolation(such as JH13 or 16) do you really need a HiFiMan??  Wouldn't a high quality source that is much smaller suffice?  It seams kinda rediculous to have HiFiMan to external amp to a very low impedance IEM

May 18, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 36

Quote:
JUST TO WARN THE MEMBERS: This guy is a TROLL and is here on these forums simply to justify the fact that he has none of these highly regarded products, first he attacks custom IEM's and calls them rip offs now he's after the HiFiMAN. Don't feed the troll...

There are some manufacturers that believe custom IEMs with multiple drivers aren't worthwhile, also.

There are measurements to back-up that the HiFiMAN is overpriced for its performance, especially given its size.

I won't bother making comments on the "balanced" Protector, since I'm not a huge fan of the stock RSA sound anyway.

I've yet to see you make a post that wasnt you defending your gear.

May 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 36
Its pretty obvious why he needs to defend his gear.
smile.gif

May 18, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 36

Quote:
Ok, I guess the troll snacks we fed you earlier wasn't enough. I've ran out of snacks for you.

JUST TO WARN THE MEMBERS: This guy is a TROLL and is here on these forums simply to justify the fact that he has none of these highly regarded products, first he attacks custom IEM's and calls them rip offs now he's after the HiFiMAN. Don't feed the troll...

Although I would be hesitant to call you a troll, your incessant fanboy-ism permeating throughout the whole forum these days have put me off reading anything about the JH13/16s or the Protector, which is a shame. It's great you have these top equipment, maybe you can go and enjoy them for a while instead of attacking everyone who has a different opinion. I'd have to assume by this point most long-term readers of this forum ignore you, unless they enjoy reading the exact same thing 100 times over.

This post won't change anything I know, just thought I should give it a try.

May 18, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #10 of 36
Poor you. Grow up.

May 18, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 36

Quote:

They are attacking the equipment I own, saying they're not worth the price and are complete garbage. That is an opinion but I take it offensively so it's only right I retaliate in some way. I can understand it if they actually OWNED the equipment which they don't. lol.

Although it is your choice, the more mature response would be to be content in yourself knowing that you are right. The only thing you are doing by responding so vigorously to other people saying your equipment is bad is perpetuating the view that you are only projecting your insecurities (see above). If you are really sure you are right (I don't see why not), maybe you could step back a bit for a while and just let them be.

May 18, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #12 of 36

Quote:
Although it is your choice, the more mature response would be to be content in yourself knowing that you are right. The only thing you are doing by responding so vigorously to other people saying your equipment is bad is perpetuating the view that you are only projecting your insecurities (see above). If you are really sure you are right (I don't see why not), maybe you could step back a bit for a while and just let them be.

Ok, I'll just take the amusement approach...I'm not even going to comment in this thread anymore. Carry on guys.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #14 of 36
The HFM->Protector->JH is not a 'pocket' solution; but since I only carry my stuff around in a sling-bag anyway, it works for me, To my ears it sounds magical; my other sources (iMod, H120->d10) and amps (iQube v2, TTVJ MHP, CC TU) and IEMs (RE252, UM3x) have gotten little to no attention since I started using this combination a few months ago. It's really not that different in size in my other portable solutions (H120->d10; iMod->anything), but sounds that much better.

May 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #15 of 36
I am really looking for some justifications based on knowledge of the inner working of the devices, not on "it sounds good" or some really subjective answer that are really opinionated.  It really doesn't answer my questions.  If someone is very happy carrying a big bag because it simply "sounds good," thats great, but thats not the kind of information that I am looking for.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back