HIFIMAN TWS800
Feb 14, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #16 of 22
Tip rolling is a must on these. If you have tips from other headphones, try them out too. I found a pair of dual-flange tips that fit very well for me, but I don’t even know what headphone they came from 🤷‍♂️

It's not for lack of seal that they don't fit me well, it's the housing that's too big for my ears. They stick out big time, and look ridiculous.

Feb 14, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #18 of 22
It's not for lack of seal that they don't fit me well, it's the housing that's too big for my ears. They stick out big time, and look ridiculous.

Oh, yeah, lots of IEMs tend to do that. The TWS800 seem much larger than the 600. Not sure why HiFiMan decided to go that route.

Feb 14, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 22
Quoting from my review

"
Most True Wireless earphones in order to maintain large battery life rely on the bluetooth chipset embedded amplifier that is suitable only for sensitive drivers that usually lack on bass department.
HiFiMan in order to address the problem and offer better bass response opted for the high impedance driver and a discrete amplifier section.
Such amplifiers need high current flow in order to power the driver so a larger power supply was needed and unfortunately the shell size had to be increased in order to accommodate the whole circuit."

Feb 15, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 22
Quoting from my review

"
Most True Wireless earphones in order to maintain large battery life rely on the bluetooth chipset embedded amplifier that is suitable only for sensitive drivers that usually lack on bass department.
HiFiMan in order to address the problem and offer better bass response opted for the high impedance driver and a discrete amplifier section.
Such amplifiers need high current flow in order to power the driver so a larger power supply was needed and unfortunately the shell size had to be increased in order to accommodate the whole circuit."

I know the extra amp section will contribute to the bigger size, I was just noting that they won't fit people with smaller ears that well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back