HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine and RE300h (hifi) Earphone launched! *Impressions added*
Nov 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #31 of 213
After a day of burning in. The bass seems a little mellowed, but still enough. The mids and highs are still on par wth the 400s.
The biggest advantage is the fit. The 400 always needed some adjustment to be perfect. These stay put.
The cord on these are a little stiff though. I hope that improves.
I'm using just an iPhone 6 for these btw

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #32 of 213
Just got my used pair in, after comparing with pictures these don't have any left/right markings, so going to use my red/blue tips from my sold Dunu dn-k to keep track. Man, these things have tiny housings.

Time to run them off my X5 and see the result.

I hate to admit it, but this might outdo my VSD3.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #33 of 213
I just got the white ones in. eBay guy said the blacks are 16ohm and the white are 32. He's sold out of both. I was going to return them for the blacks, but I'm starting to like the white and the sound is amazing. They sound identical to my re400s with a digizoid. The fit is much better. I threw on larger rubber and they stay in much better than my 400s.
I'm looking forward to my commute tomorrow. :smiley:

After a day of burning in. The bass seems a little mellowed, but still enough. The mids and highs are still on par wth the 400s.
The biggest advantage is the fit. The 400 always needed some adjustment to be perfect. These stay put.
The cord on these are a little stiff though. I hope that improves.
I'm using just an iPhone 6 for these btw

Just got my used pair in, after comparing with pictures these don't have any left/right markings, so going to use my red/blue tips from my sold Dunu dn-k to keep track. Man, these things have tiny housings.

Time to run them off my X5 and see the result.

I hate to admit it, but this might outdo my VSD3.

Whoa.
Looking forward to your final impressions 
happy_face1.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #34 of 213
Coming Soon:

Designed for music lovers on-the-go, HIFIMAN RE300h with Advanced OCC cabling sets the standard for others to follow.

Looks like there was a 'hifi' version after all. Wonder if the 'Advaced OCC' cable significantly changes the sound

I was just watching Steve Rochlin's official coverage of Canjam 2014. dr. Fang (Hifiman) appears in the video (~11 minutes in).

Anyway, he mentions the new RE-300, and says "...which have three versions. The iphone version, the hifi version and also the android version".
The "hifi" version isn't on head-direct,and I wonder if it is a better sounding version or it's just a mic-less version.

Video below (RE-300 at around 13:05 mark)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbUHUQdxM-A#t=13m05s

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #35 of 213
re-300i and re-300a are now available on Amazon in both colors. Just placed an order for re-300i in black. I need a decent pair of iems with inline controls and since Sennheiser is taking forever to make the iphone version of in ear momentums available, I pulled the trigger on these. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #37 of 213
So is the 300h supposed to sound better or something? I'm kinda stuck on which version to buy.

The only difference in the specs is that the 'h' is 16ohms, vs the 32ohms of the i/a. Will that make a huge difference?

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #39 of 213
  So is the 300h supposed to sound better or something? I'm kinda stuck on which version to buy.

The only difference in the specs is that the 'h' is 16ohms, vs the 32ohms of the i/a. Will that make a huge difference?

And a slightly improved frequency response . 
In the technical sense, the impedance would affect performance of the 300h(good/bad way) if the output impedance of the player is >2

I guess, for now, it comes down to whether you absolutely need a mic or not. If sound quality is the only consideration, then we may have to wait for reviews comparing the two.

Nov 14, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #43 of 213
  I tried to get an answer from them via email of the difference between h and i... and thus far have come up empty. 
frown.gif

@HouseOfDoom has ordered the re300h, and he as previously owned the re300i/a.
So we might get an idea regarding sonic differences.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #45 of 213
  Just to clarify, these are cable down iems right? My ears don't get along with most over ear styles :/

If I'm not mistaken, yes, they are designed to be worn with cable down.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back