+ Better dac
+ No interconnects
+ Interchangeable amp which is cheaper then standalone amps
+ overall cost usually less then imod+lod+amp

- UI not as good as rockbox but being worked on
- Issues with some SD cards

Imod+lod+amp:

+ better ui
+ whole package can be bought in pieces (imod then later lod+amp)
+ easier to sell amp and get a new one if you don't like it
+ more amp choices

- stress on LOD connectors/imod dock
- bulkier, more prone to tangles, harder to stow/use on the go
- looks like a bomb if you take it out in public/try to go through security/metal detectors
- not as refined sound

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Drives them with no problems.... regular amp can be a bit too much for sensitive IEM's like UM3x. JH-13 is just on the border of being too sensitive but I can get past the channel imbalance before it gets to be too loud.

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drives them with no problems.... regular amp can be a bit too much for sensitive IEM's like UM3x. JH-13 is just on the border of being too sensitive but I can get past the channel imbalance before it gets to be too loud.

thanks for the input !! most of us seem to quiet down after gotten the hifiman i wonder why lol

at least there is no or little negative feedback so far, perhaps every one else is like me busy listening instead of looking around for new gears like in the past ?

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I posted in the Portable Gear thread with my set jokingly saying that I won the thread (Hifiman+JH|13)

But seriously, I feel like there isn't any better, definitely not in the portable field yet, and this current setup beats a lot of dedicated setups too

The only reason I come here now is out of habit, to read the music/general discussion forum sometime, and to check on updates from head-direct re: new firmware, etc.

Plus there is WAY too many shills here now that I feel its ruined head-fi ... so yeah as far as Head-fi and learning about new products.. I'm done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back