Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Nov 12, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #661 of 666
Hi folks,
Bumping old thread here. I wonder how this old flagship compete in 2020 SQ wise only.
Does it still worth hunting a fair priced second hand 901s, or better just look for a newer and better DAP? again sound wise only, since I don't bother with android or streaming apps.
After all this years I kinda stuck with HM 801 and while it's still going strong, I also kinda wonder the later and better one.
Hope someone would share your opinion.

Thanks.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #662 of 666
Old and obsolete player ?

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #664 of 666
Hi folks,
Bumping old thread here. I wonder how this old flagship compete in 2020 SQ wise only.
Does it still worth hunting a fair priced second hand 901s, or better just look for a newer and better DAP? again sound wise only, since I don't bother with android or streaming apps.
After all this years I kinda stuck with HM 801 and while it's still going strong, I also kinda wonder the later and better one.
Hope someone would share your opinion.

Thanks.

I think this player UI was obsolete since it came out. However, the sound is incredibly good. In the end, at least to me, it is more about the sound than anything else. Once the music is playing, who cares about UI or anything else :)

May 27, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #665 of 666
I see that this device had good traction back in its heyday. But that’s like more than 4 years ago, any more metrics especially when compared to “smartphone” daps now? I can’t seem to find an updated opinion to make it worth a purchase.

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #666 of 666
Helo, I am using hiby R5 Saber as transport to Xduoo XD05 Bal (burson V5i dual x 2), will the HM901s still has the desirable sound against my current set up?
Dont worry about streaming or Bluetooth, a pure sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back