HIFIMAN HM801 MAINS CHARGER REQUIRED ?? WILL A CHEAP ONE DO ?
Feb 25, 2015 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bartsimpson6994

Head-Fier
Hi 

I have just been given a HIFI  HM801 with not charger  . Do I have to buy a original one from HIFIMAN .

Will a standard one work if so which of the 2 charging  ports does it go in >  The original has 2 charge ports.

Any help advice would be appreciated .

Regards

Nic k 

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 7
  Hi 

I have just been given a HIFI  HM801 with not charger  . Do I have to buy a original one from HIFIMAN .

Will a standard one work if so which of the 2 charging  ports does it go in >  The original has 2 charge ports.

Any help advice would be appreciated .

Regards

Nic k 

Hello,

You can probably ask Hifiman by using their contact information.

http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Contact/

They're pretty helpful and give you correct guidance about chargers.

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Hi

I'm interested to the answer Hifiman could have give to you.

Because my charger is dead.

I plugged yesterday with a generic charger only one wire in the left hole of the HIFIMAN 801, and it seems, when applying 9 V (inner diameter at 0 V ; outer diameter at 9 V), it charges.

But as I also heard that the second hole (right hole) was for the second battery (2 battery in 1 pack in fact), I might only charge half the battery pack, which is perhaps not recommended.

When I apply the plug only to the right hole, nothing happens. No charging.
When I invert the polarity, the LCD says : "no power", and the device switches off.

Shall i plug 2 generic wire into the 2 holes, the same wire being polarized as this : 0 V ID, +9 V OD ?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
Kres

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 7
I'll probably do that (though I'm not sure the problem comes from the charger itself).

Thanks anyway, Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back