HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jan 14, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #1,846 of 2,682
I mentioned them awhile back in some thread (can’t remember whether it’s here or other he6 threads) and another poster came back and posted identical positive impressions. And not too long ago, I found out in a sundara thread that these earpads are some of the posters’ favorite there. For me atleast, I can hear why.

i would be grateful if you can come back and post your impressions once they eventually arrive. 👍

I'll post impressions a little bit later today. Just saw them come in the mail today. I have to say they seem in appearance to be really close to the stock pali pads as they are angled with a velour fabric and also have holes inside. The quality feels really great, these were less than 10 dollars and they feel premium.

IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1193.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #1,847 of 2,682
What do you mean the TT2 is resolving not enough? It is one of the best dacs I’ve ever tried. With exceptional detail, separation and soundstage.
It doesn’t create a stable and deep soundstage, a bit compressed, digital sounding, treble lacking resolution/harmonic, overall lacking micro dynamics, sound lack appropriate density, bass is lacking as well, just a few issues I have with TT.

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #1,848 of 2,682
Okay yes, @NascentAP these pads are pretty nice. They do certainly increase low end. The bass boost is immediately apparent.

I feel like the soundstage shrinks a little vs. the Pali pads, sound is a little more forward. I think these also trim the trebles/air down.

I think Pali sounds more reference. This sounds like with that extra bass bump, it makes them sound more dark.

They're nice for sure. I can see why you suggested them - these are a perfect little compliment for these cans to shift the sound into a more bass heavy one without EQ.

TLDR - smooth off the top and boost bass, and the comfort is spot on.

I personally do like the extra brightness/air of the Pali pads so I think I probably will keep those on most of the time but these are nice as an alternative.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #1,849 of 2,682
My DAC is Hugo TT2 and I am sure it is resolving more than good enough. I used with them speaker ports of TT2 and also EF400 or Lyr3. All of them are pretty power robust devices and I was still finding something more potent for HE6se V2.

How is Hifiman EF400 with HE6se V2? Hifiman doesn't provide much spec for EF400. Just 4.4W per channel. No mention what is power at 50 ohm.

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #1,850 of 2,682
It doesn’t create a stable and deep soundstage, a bit compressed, digital sounding, treble lacking resolution/harmonic, overall lacking micro dynamics, sound lack appropriate density, bass is lacking as well, just a few issues I have with TT.
I've never heard Hugo TT, so I can't tell. But my Hugo TT2 is the exact opposite of what you said. Soundstage? One of the best ever. Uncompromising depth, resolution, width, separation, speed, control. Even the amp section is one of the most resolving I have ever heard. And many more. The Hugo TT2 is one of the best DACs on the market. I like it better than Dave, but that's more a matter of preference. For example Mola mola Tambaqui is slightly better, but it costs twice the price of TT2.

How is Hifiman EF400 with HE6se V2? Hifiman doesn't provide much spec for EF400. Just 4.4W per channel. No mention what is power at 50 ohm.
Let's say, it is enough, but not ideal for HE6se V2 to play them on their full potential.

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,851 of 2,682
Hey all, I have a question regarding the old Hifiman cups that used SMC connectors.

When Hifiman changed over to 2.5/3.5 and kept that recess, is it still hexagonal shaped to accommodate the old SMC?

I'm looking for plastic cups for the 5LE and believe I can at least use the 400i SMC cups, but if the recess still has that hex shape on newer Hifimans, it would give me some more options.

Essentially the cheapest cups I could find used that will fit the SMC hex nut. Hifiman customer support is checking for me, but it would be helpful if anyone knew which Hifimans have that recess (outside of the 5LE, 400, 400i, etc.)

Jan 15, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,852 of 2,682
Hey all, I have a question regarding the old Hifiman cups that used SMC connectors.

When Hifiman changed over to 2.5/3.5 and kept that recess, is it still hexagonal shaped to accommodate the old SMC?

I'm looking for plastic cups for the 5LE and believe I can at least use the 400i SMC cups, but if the recess still has that hex shape on newer Hifimans, it would give me some more options.

Essentially the cheapest cups I could find used that will fit the SMC hex nut. Hifiman customer support is checking for me, but it would be helpful if anyone knew which Hifimans have that recess (outside of the 5LE, 400, 400i, etc.)
I checked my hifiman headphones. It's seems they kept the hex indentation when they switched to the 2.5mm connector that came straight down from the bottom (first run of the 4XX). It also looks like it retained the hex indent when they put the 2.5mm connectors more towards the front to give shoulders more room (400i, 400s). It seems it was only fully removed when they had to make room for the modern 3.5mm connectors.

So, you should be okay with any 2.5mm version, but given the cup tooling tolerances I've noticed over the years (how tight grilles fit) the fit of the SMC might vary, so how difficult it will be to fit is unknown. But, the indent is there.

Let me know if you would like pictures.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,853 of 2,682
I checked my hifiman headphones. It's seems they kept the hex indentation when they switched to the 2.5mm connector that came straight down from the bottom (first run of the 4XX). It also looks like it retained the hex indent when they put the 2.5mm connectors more towards the front to give shoulders more room (400i, 400s). It seems it was only fully removed when they had to make room for the modern 3.5mm connectors.

So, you should be okay with any 2.5mm version, but given the cup tooling tolerances I've noticed over the years (how tight grilles fit) the fit of the SMC might vary, so how difficult it will be to fit is unknown. But, the indent is there.

Let me know if you would like pictures.
Thank you, I hate to derail the 6SE thread but it's one of the most active for Hifiman, but if you have time to PM me some pics, I'd appreciate it. Seems the 350 also has that indent.

Now just a matter of finding someone's broken or cheap Hifiman just for the cups.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #1,854 of 2,682
Okay yes, @NascentAP these pads are pretty nice. They do certainly increase low end. The bass boost is immediately apparent.

I feel like the soundstage shrinks a little vs. the Pali pads, sound is a little more forward. I think these also trim the trebles/air down.

I think Pali sounds more reference. This sounds like with that extra bass bump, it makes them more dark.

They're nice for sure. I can see why you suggested them - these are a perfect little compliment for these cans to shift the sound into a more bass heavy one without EQ.

TLDR - smooth off the top and boost bass, and the comfort is spot on.

I personally do like the extra brightness of the Pali pads so I think I probably will keep those on most of the time but these are nice as an alternative.
Thank you for keeping your word and providing your input wrt to the pads. It appears we hear the same but describe them based on our sonic preferences. I am always interested how we hear differently and try to look for confirmation to what I think I’m hearing.

I’m a not a bass head but the pads accentuate the strength of the he6v2; it’s bass and slam, which I LOVE. I don’t eq so the shift in sound caused by the pad was a welcome change for me. I do agree that it dampens the treble a bit (which would’ve been perfect on an Arya) but perhaps a bit too much for the he6. Nonetheless, you validated the changes I hear and wholeheartedly agree with your description.

Thanks again for your input! 👍

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #1,855 of 2,682
I am going to start my week with the V2's. And they will be Cookin', Relaxin', Steamin' and Workin' for the next two and a half hours. :L3000:

20230116_130516~2.jpg

Jan 16, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #1,857 of 2,682
Still amazed at the detail and realism of these after week. I would describe them as very attacking. My complaint with the stock headband is not necessarily the weight, but that they don't do a good job of clamping to your head. There is only one point of contact at the very top, which makes the ear cups swivel with inertia. I have a medium head. I bought a velour padding headband on Amazon to hopefully help fill the gap.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,858 of 2,682
I am going to start my week with the V2's. And they will be Cookin', Relaxin', Steamin' and Workin' for the next two and a half hours. :L3000:

20230116_130516~2.jpg
What will you be drinkin’ ? …. :beerchug:

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #1,859 of 2,682
What will you be drinkin’ ? …. :beerchug:
Not a damn thing. Just getting over Covid. I have been on a Roll for several weeks.
I have a bottle of rum from Christmas that I am hoping to crack next weekend and pretend it's Christmas. :smile:

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #1,860 of 2,682
Not a damn thing. Just getting over Covid. I have been on a Roll for several weeks.
I have a bottle of rum from Christmas that I am hoping to crack next weekend and pretend it's Christmas. :smile:
I say shower that g###am virus with some good old CH3CH2OH. Show it who (what) is boss !! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back